Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2016 1:15:35 AM EDT
On paper the XDm 3.8 compact sounds like a gun that I'd really like. I've visited several gun stores but have only found XDs and XD mod2. I asked the salesman and was told that they don't get the XDm in anymore. I've been told that the XDm is a little better than those built from the XD base. Is there going to be a mod 2 version of the XDm? I'm just confused as to why stores are carrying the other models and not the XDm. I appreciate some info.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
i like my xd and xms .  i like my xd9 the best but thats because i can take faster shots with less kick
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
i shot an xd40 subcompact and hated it because of the kick vs how small it was.  I probably wasnt used to it but it just seemed to kick pretty hard for what it was
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Years and years ago I had a XD in 357 Sig, I remember making golfballs dance at about 10 yards, it was a natural gun for me to shoot. I tried out a XD Subcompact 9mm years ago and that was the easiest gun i've ever shot to be accurate with. I still have a Xdm 45 that is a joy to shoot too, but in all honesty I don't find it much more capable then those two XDs I shot.

If I was going to get another XD of any sort it would just be a standard old XD, its a good gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a xdm compact 9mm sold it got a glock 19, it was to top heavy
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
So do you think they are phasing these XDm out since they have newer models? You guys have some great input but I have also heard some great things about the XDm compact 3.8. I will keep looking around so that I can feel one in my hands but I will also keep an open mind on something else. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#6]
My XDM is a little more accurate than my XD. But it is also quite a bit more expensive. I see lots of XDM's at gunshows, and I see that Bass Pro Shops still caries them. I think smaller stores are more hesitant to carry them because of price point. They sit on the shelf longer.
Here is a local to me store hotlink that keeps them in stock, AND has a good price point.

http://bobbysgunsandammo.com/shop/handguns#!/Springfield/c/12454288/offset=0&sort=normal
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
All three are good pistols.  The XD/XD-M2 SubCompact is going to be a little bit smaller than the XDm Compact.  

If I was going with 9mm I would probably lean toward the older version XD/XD-M2.  The older version feels a little smaller and slimmer in the hand.  If I was think 40S&W then I would definitely look at and XDm.  The XD-40's are build on the original 9mm frames and thus are not true double stack magazines.  The XDm-40 is built on a frame that is made for 40S&W.  Hence and XD/XD-M2 only get 9rd in a short mag and 12rds in a standard magazine where as the XDm gets 11 & 16 respectively.

The XD is easier to work on the fire control if that is a factor for you.  The XDm has extra links in there to allow for you to remove the slide without pull the trigger.  This make for a more difficult fire control if you want to get in there and work on it.

I have the original XD-40 in all three sizes.  Other than magazine capacity they have been solid guns for me.  I used my XD-40 Tactical as my USPSA Limited-10 gun and have close to 40,000rd though it with no real issues.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
XDm compact isn't too hard to find.  I would hold out for the XDm.  I love mine
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#9]
For me, the XDM 3.8 compact is just about perfect.  STUPID accurate.  Unquestionable reliability.  

If you can't find one, get a MOD2.  You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I own the 3.8 XDm in 9mm.  I find it to be the perfect etc gun.  It is a tad bulky but with the right holster, it can be comfortable.  19 round mags.  Keep a spare on you and you are set.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I love my xdm 4.5. It is a good looking gun IMO, and I love the way it feels in hand. The grip is pretty similar to my 1911 even though the xdm is a double stack.

It shoots insanely accurate too.

I polished up all the trigger components and it feels nice, but my birthday was yesterday and I broke down and ordered a PRP drop in trigger kit. From what I've read the prp kit is a night and day difference.

I don't regret buying my xdm at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top