Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2016 8:10:54 PM EDT
I've owned a ton of guns over the years. Due to a period of financial hardship I sold all of my guns and allowed my concealed carry permit to expire. I've recovered enough to requalify for a carry permit and buy a handgun. My favorite hand guns have been a springfield xd9sc, Colt 1911 and a Sig P226. I would include a Walther PPK but I never got a chance to fire it so although its a drop dead sexy gun, I really don't know if I'd enjoy shooting it. So I'm looking for something that can do double duty as a home defense gun and carry gun. Once I have additional funds I would likely add a second dedicated carry gun.

I have looked online at a lot of guns and there specs e.g. Sig P220, 225, 239, 250 and 320; CZ P-01, 1911 variants, Walther PPK, PPQ, PK380, CCP; FN FNX9 / FNS9, Springfield XD9 4"and HK VP9.

Based on my skill level and past experience some of my preferences are: no manual safety, grip thin enough to fit my somewhat small hand yet full length, inexpensive to shoot factory ammo, decent capacity and consistent trigger pull. Based on these criteria I think I have narrowed my search down to a Springfield XD9 4" or a Walther PPQ or a Sig P250. My next step would be to go to my local range and try to rent all three.

I realize there are a lot of great guns in my list and I don't want to leave out what could become my all time favorite pistol.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You left out the best handgun of all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You left out the best handgun of all.
View Quote

Don't leave me in suspense ! But if I had to guess I'd say you're referring to the SW M&P or a Glock ??
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock 19!
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glock 19!
View Quote

I haven't handled a Glock lately but the ergonomics seemed funky to me. Just didn't feel right in my hand. Though the specs fit perfectly into my "preferences
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top