Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 10:06:48 PM EDT
Hi,
I am looking to trade for this handgun but am not sure of the value.

I am told it is SA 45 GI Champion 1911.  However, I am not able to find a single picture of this model with the silver slide and black frame.  
Is is worth 650 asking price?  

Thank you for all the help in advance.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they make a GI Champion in Stainless??  That looks more like a Cerakote (or similar) type finish, not actual stainless.  The sights have been replaced too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I know nothing about SA handguns, that is why I was asking.  All of the pictures I have looked at in the last few days, I could not find a single one that looked like the pictures I posted.   And most of the GI models I found are little less than what the seller is asking for it.

Thank you for the help
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard to tell from the pictures, however it would appear that slide is coated. Certainly some of the parts have been coated (guess). Added a potential arched mainspring housing.  With all that work I would be suspect of other parts inside the frame.

Can the seller give you the SA model number from the box (assuming they have it)? Easier to back track from there.  If you can get the serial, you could call SA and track it that way most likely.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I decided to pass on the trade, since the owner is not willing to tell me any more than he is the second owner and he got it for 800.

Thank you for your help,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top