Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 5:40:03 PM EDT
I just brought home my new to me XDS in .45. Took it out and shot it and it shoots nice. However, my girlfriend shot it and on two different occasions she had the gun not go into battery fully. She's shot my Glock 21 before and has never had a problem so I'm sure it wasn't her limp writing the gun. After doing some research, it appears that this seems to be a common issue with these pistols. Anyone experience this and if so how did you remedy it? I saw a video on YouTube where a guy tolike the buffer out of the extractor spring and he says it helped so I did that and will try it out if the rain ever stops.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My bet is she is limp wristing despite your claim otherwise. Bust out the phone and take a video of her shooting.

I like my xds and will never part with it but I do think that it is more sensitive to poor technique than other pistols.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
A Glock 21 and an XDS are two different animals.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The fully loaded weight of the XDS45 is 26oz. compared to 38oz. for the G21. Smaller and lighter guns make a proper hold that much more critical.

If you are not experiencing problems shooting this gun but she is, my guess would be that she is the source of the problem

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I had an XDS and it was very obvious that they barely fit that .45 cartridge in that little space. Any hint of riding the slide/not just completely letting the slide go would fail to completely go into battery due to the short amount of travel available. I'll second the fact that a full size 21 and an XDS are very different. The 21 being more controllable with a full width/length grip and the XDS having a thin short grip. My money is on limp wristing. It doesn't take much to upset that gun with the tight tolerances in the chambering action/area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top