Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2016 10:10:03 AM EDT
Anyone felt they need to upgrade by buying the mod 2.
I held a mod 2 at the LGS.
It felt very nice in the hand.  Yes the grip zone  lettering is kinka ugly but I bet the gun shoots very well.
Anyway thought on the 2 gun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
While not exactly an upgrade, I will give my dime. I shot in competition and carried for years one of the older XD9's. Had to sell it, divorce, etc etc...  When I went out looking for a new carry gun last December they mod.2 Service had just come out. I like the grip better on the mod.2 (not that I had a huge issue with the old one), and I REALLY liked the sights have been changed to something I would do anyway saving some money. Great price too!  This one shoots as well as my old XD, not a single complaint.

As a side note, I find the whole commotion with the mod.2 being on the grip as funny. Others put stuff on theirs, yet not a peep about that. I guess people just have to find something to complain about.  If that is the biggest thing they can come up with.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL Ya so fair that's the biggest complaint I could find.
The Grip Zone lettering does not bother me.  The gun still looks better than a glock.
I have a older xd9 service.
It has some finish wear on the slide.
I was a little worried about rust issues.
I was thinking about sending the slide to have refinished.
Or just sell it and get the mod 2.
On a side note do you know if the sights on the mod 2 hard to remove?
The xd sight are the hardest sights I had to remove.  I mean the fit.  I broke my sight pusher.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the looks and feel of the mod2 over my xdsc, but I carry iwb with a sticky holster and really dont want that aggressive grip digging into my back, so I'm sticking with the old XD9.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
My old XD9 had the Brunial finish (yep, that old..). It finally wore off completely, and I would get a very light surface rust from my salty sweaty hands after a match. I sent it to SA to get the Armory Kote done on it (which they did under warranty for the Brunial finish). That held up well, looked awesome, until I sold it.

As to the sights, not a clue. I like what is on it, so I am not changing them out. I would guess that they are similar, and I have not heard that it has been any easier removing them.  Perhaps Scott at Springer Precision might know if you ask him.  You could also try the mod.2 section of the xdtalk.com forum as well.

The slide profile is just slightly different, and of course the trigger guard is rounded.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I like having a smooth gun that i can conservatively stipple to avoid abrading my clothing or my skin. You re-line enough suitcoats and this becomes a little more important... My XD9 is only grippy on the front strap.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]
win

My understanding from what has be posted here and there that the MOD 2 sights are just as hard as before to change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top