Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2016 8:20:56 PM EDT
I found a Springfield 1911a1 replica for sale locally. The guy wants $460 for it which seems very cheap considering the finish is excellent. It comes with one mag and a green cardboard box.  Not sure of the year of manf.  It has plastic stocks and the lock located in the mainspring housing has been replaced with a lock free one.  Can y'all enlighten me?  I really want a 1911,no frills just a nice trigger.  Should I pay the guy a visit or look for something else? Last SA 1911 I fondled had a very gritty feeling mag well so I passed.

Can I install a Novak rear sight on this GI model?  What are things to look for before I buy
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy it in a second for $460. I've got one I bought for $450 a few years ago and other than the hard trigger it's great. If you're wanting to install a different rear sight you'll have to have the slide milled. If you're wanting to keep it in GI configuration I'd leave the sights as-is. I know some guys have used the GI model 1911 as a basis for upgrading, but to me the point of that gun was to be as close to the 1911A1 as possible. I'm keeping mine as-is. Springfield makes the plain mil-spec model that's a good basis to upgrade on.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I got it for $450.  It is in excellent condition and looks like the owner only shot a box through it.  I'm gonna keep it bone stock because I love te look.  Once I start wanting better sights, or a different beaver tail etc. I'm gonna pickup another SA 1911 probably the mil spec
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top