Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2016 4:41:20 PM EDT
I've never been an XD guy, but I handled a Mod 2 .45 subcompact yesterday and was impressed. The grip, trigger, and sights are very nice, and when I saw the price tag, I had to double check that it was a new gun and not a used gun.

My only concern is recoil, as I don't have much experience with small .45s, but I can handle an HK45 Compact Tactical with zero issues.

Seriously considering getting one of these, as I need another .45 caliber handgun.

It would just be a range toy, as I already have a carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's anything like the original XD in .45 with the 4inch barrel, it won't be a problem to shoot. I use the full size mags (with the Xtend plastic gizmo) with mine rather than the 10rd flush-fit ones.

I'd also recommend putting a Powder River Precision trigger in it. I liked the factory trigger well enough, but the PRPs are just better.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine and use it as a carry gun.  Recoil isn't bad except with +P stuff, which I don't like anyway because the sights are so far off with it.  I did load some 200gr low-recoil rounds that are fast and good.  They seem to function flawlessly and should be pushing around 900fps if the loading information is correct.  My only complaint is so far I haven't found a light-bearing holster for it (with a TLR-3) but that isn't springfield's fault.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Got my Dad one for Christmas. I'm a Glock guy myself, but I like it, particularly the sights. The problem I have with it is unrelated to the gun-it's finding a holster for the damn thing. My Dad didn't care for the one it came with so I figured I'd get him a nice leather one molded for the gun for Fathers Day. Nope. I found a few for the Mod 2 9/40, there's damn near nothing available for the 45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top