Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2016 11:25:24 AM EDT
I know magazines are a disposable item but I have a question on factory magazines.

Yesterday I was practicing with my XDm 9mm and had a magazine produce a couple failures.  This is a new magazine with less than 100 rounds through it.  

First I was getting a couple failure to feed issues with this magazine.  On the third mag of the day it produced a jam and when I cleared the magazine the top round still in the magazine was point straight down (nose down, 90 degrees to normal).  I had never experienced this before and is this just a fluke thing (bad mag) or is there issues I should be aware of with Springfield XDm magazines.

The other 4 magazines I had worked as they should with no issues.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it apart and clean it.  It may have gotten some dirt or grime. Also,  its a mechanical device, sometime shit happens and maybe you just got a bum spring. It happens to every manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]
That inverted round sounds really weird. I've never had something like that happen in probably ~5k rounds spread out across 5 different magazines.

I've had lots of success with Springer Precision magazine springs. Maybe give these a go?

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=138&categoryId=4
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.

It was weird to me as well as I have never had a round go inverted before either.  I had already disassembled, checked and cleaned the mag during the range session trying to eliminate easy possible issues.  

Will try a new spring and see if it cures it, if not it will be retired.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it is a feed lip issue on the mag.  I have several of these factory mags and never had an issue.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
All of the factory XDM 9mm mags I have purchased and used have been flawless.

Tough ,precise and slick/smooth.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Magazines are only disposable if you have an unlimited supply like in the military, or if you're a leftist Democrat.

All my XDm mags have been 100% reliable and durable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top