Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 5:48:13 AM EDT
I am using an XD 40 cal with a storm lake vented and extended barrel. I am reloading on a Lee pro 1000

I am using mixed stamped heads with X-treme 115 gn Rn copper plated bullets and Winchester primers. I am getting consistent readings on AOL of 1152 and 4.1 grains of powder. The bullets feed and shoot well but they do not eject properly I have tried less crimp less on the expanding die. and still nothing, I was thinking maybe the load is to weak? the max load is 4.6 I could not find a consistent data sheet for this load. what am I missing ? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean they don't eject properly? Are you getting failures to eject or just erratic ejection?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I am getting failure to eject, the bullet goes off but the case does not fully eject. a small space of the case neck is in the barrel and the slide holds back.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Um, 9mm or 40?  I am confused here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]
What powder are you using? You say XD 40, do you mean 9mm? 115 grain bullet is a common 9mm load. Not trying to be snarky, but something doesn't add up here.

Edit: I just saw your other post about barrels. This is a 9mm conversion barrel?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh sorry I left out its a stormlake conversion barrel 40-9 mm, and I am loading 9mm. I actually found out the issue, my powder was weak and I switched the recoil spring I used a was worn in spring from an xd 9 . I just fired about 8 rounds And I'm good !!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh sorry I left out its a stormlake conversion barrel 40-9 mm, and I am loading 9mm. I actually found out the issue, my powder was weak and I switched the recoil spring I used a was worn in spring from an xd 9 . I just fired about 8 rounds And I'm good !!
View Quote

FWIW: When you have a reloading question on a load that's causing problems.
What caliber, bullet weight, POWDER USED, OAL etc.
Telling us you're using 4.1gr,  is real vague.  4.1 of titegroup is the average i use.  Using other powders 4.1 is under powered, which would be hard to troubleshoot without powder Info. Just sayin.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/42_Reloading.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top