Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2016 12:04:15 AM EDT
How do you guys like the lightweight operator model? I am probably about to trade my hk uspc 45 for one.

Only other 1911 ive owned was a s&w 1911pd 5", great gun, scandium frame.

Just going off internet specs, the operator seems like a great 1911. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Also, anyone ever do long distance trading of firearms? Like where you each mail eachother the gun? Howd it work? Any tips?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
no one eh?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with the lw operator. Ive had 2 Springfields and they've been awesom.

On the trade aspect. Ive done it twice. Been happy both times. The most recent was a couple weeks ago with a guy from florida. If you use the EE from a member with good feedback I think you'll be ok.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the 4" model. Great gun very accurate
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
i ended up trading, guy was from florida, LEO of sorts. no issues with trade

havent had a chance to shoot it yet, trigger seems nice, in good shape, put some thin alumagrips on it, only issue is all 4 grip bushing screws broke off, they came out with an easy out, but that was dumb.

otherwise i like it, im not much of a 1911 guy, but i think eevery collection needs one, going to add some small parts and tinker with it, maybe try some single stack uspsa with it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top