Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2016 7:50:19 PM EDT
This won't really be a carry gun. I have my XDS for that. It will primarily be range/H.D type gun. I'm just debating if I want the 4" or 5" gun. Going Bi-tone.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This won't really be a carry gun. I have my XDS for that. It will primarily be range/H.D type gun. I'm just debating if I want the 4" or 5" gun. Going Bi-tone.
View Quote

Well,

I have a 4" Mod 2 Service and like it quite a bit. I have also had an original XD9 Service 4" and the original 5" XD9 tactical. I have not shot the 5" Mod 2 Tactical yet... \but I have to believe since the  OEM trigger is the same as the the original 4" Service and 5" Tactical models, that overall the experience with the Mod 2 5" would probably be the same as the old Tactical (i.e., more front heavy, possibly more cumbersome to draw than the Mod 2 Service model).

I think unless you are planning on installing a trigger upgrade later on down the line for your Mod 2 pistol, probably the 4" Service would suit you better. I like the concept of the longer barrel on the Tactical Models but the reasonably heavy stock, OEM trigger on the original XD Tactical hinders I think the average person from taking full advantage of the added features of the pistol (longer barrel, longer sight radius).
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
All good points. Appreteiate the info. I would say that there is a good chance I'll put a PRP kit in the gun, whether I get the 4" or 5" model.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All good points. Appreteiate the info. I would say that there is a good chance I'll put a PRP kit in the gun, whether I get the 4" or 5" model.
View Quote

I put the PRP drop-in trigger kit for the 4" Mod 2 Service and it is definitely an improvement and a worthy upgrade. I like the shorter reset it provides on the trigger more than anything else.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to know. I'm sure I'll put one in. At this point I am leaning towards the 4"
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I much prefer the 5 inch over the 4 inch. I shoot the 4 inch well, but the 5 inch feels like I simply can't miss.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I ended up with the 4" But I still want a 5" as well. lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have the Mod 2 but I have both the 4" Service and 5" Tactical in the original XD line.  I also much prefer the 5", I use it for IDPA/USPSA and as a range toy.

If not carrying it (at least concealed) I would pick the 5".  I can still carry the 4" pretty well but I wouldn't dare carry the 5".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top