Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:33:37 PM EDT
What is the difference between the 1911 range officer compact vs champion? I'm  looking for the 9mm version of one of these.

What kind of experiences do you all have with the pistols?

Are the sights considered novak cut? I would like to confirm a set of trijicon HD sights can be installed prior to purchasing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
In a nutshell:
The compact is the smaller officer frame with the 4" barrel (CCO type)
The Champion is the fullsize frame with the 4" barrel (commander type)
Other than that, basically exact same gun.
As for the sights, they say Novak "style" sights.
Experience with them, no, but everything i find, they are great guns, but might have slight trigger issues. Trigger weights seem to go from 5-8lbs. So not too consistent . Hope this helps some at least.
I just went through this. I purchased the Compact 9MM since it will be a EDC.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Just picked up a LW Champion Operator in .45. Haven't got to try it out yet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Just picked up my RO Compact 9mm. Haven't had a chance to try it out, either.

It still has just enough grip for a full hold. I think it'll make a fine carry piece once I shake it out at the range. It feels like a toy compared a steel framed 5" gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the Champion for the fullsize frame(fits my hands better) the gear up program running is a nice plus as well, I have a compact 45 and its just a tad small for my hands.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a compact in 9mm - as a base gun - the fit is exceptional - the lock up is very tight for a production gun - it has that tight "clicking" sound when you pull the slide out of battery. I sent mine to SACS and it is truly a work of art now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top