Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 9:01:09 PM EDT
Decided to fire off my carry ammo and rotate in new today.

I noticed that the Barnes ammo, the tac xpd I think?... Anyways the slide didn't seat fully forward after shooting it, it had about a quarter inch that it needed to continue forward to lock up and fire. I had to push it forward with my thumb. This was for several rounds. I switched over to bulk FMJ and couldn't replicate the problem. My particular pistol has never liked chambering the Barnes, they would sometimes catch on the feed ramp.

Anyone else noticed this? I use Barnes in different calibers for all my hunting needs and have always been totally happy. I figure it's just an issue with the coating and the feed ramp not liking each other. Has anyone else had an issue?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi, my Double Tap TAC-XP uses the same Barnes bullet.

I found that it was hard to chamber, but it does fire off all 5-6 rounds.

I use the 5-shot mag with it for when I ankle carry my Xds.45..

for carry I use the 230 grain Controlled Expansion, , same as my practice 230 FMJ.

Others might have different results.

Should I be able to trade into a XD-S 9mm 4.0.

I'll try the 115 TAC-XP through it,

If not, it will get either 124 grain

or 147 grain (Bonded Defense) Gold Dots.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top