Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2015 10:20:50 PM EDT
Greetings. I have been carrying my XDS 9mm for almost 2 years. Shot roughly 500 rounds with no problems. Lately, I've been looking into adding things like lasers and other gadgets. I was searching the WWW and came across DPM. Anybody have any experience with this particular recoil reduction system for their XDS? Any others out there that I should look into?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Not familiar with this, but my XDS recoils so mildly, it never occurred to me to seek a recoil reducing enhancement.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I look at it this way. People change out their trigger, sights, pistol grips, and a myriad of other parts as well as add lasers and optics for different reasons. I believe a majority of those reasons will be because it increases their ability to bring their gun to target faster and better accuracy. Thus, less recoil will also help in these two aspects. Granted, the recoil of a 9mm (depending on weight) isn't that great but if we can further reduce recoil that would be even better. At the same time, I'm introducing my significant other to handguns and a gun with less recoil will help her out too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
My Wife started shooting my Browning Hi Power to prepare for her CHL. She said she wanted her own gun for Christmas so we started visiting gun shops. She settled on the Springfield XDs. I told her it is going to jump a little more that the Hi Power. She took right to it and loves the gun. She thinks the recoil is not too bad, she is not a big lady so I am pleased. We shoot tomorrow morning will let ya'll know how it goes.

Vince
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Well she passed the shoot portion of her CHL class, now all we need to do is finger prints and send it all in. FWIW she blew the center of the target out, had the best shoot of anyone in the class.

Vince
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Greetings. I have been carrying my XDS 9mm for almost 2 years. Shot roughly 500 rounds with no problems. Lately, I've been looking into adding things like lasers and other gadgets. I was searching the WWW and came across DPM. Anybody have any experience with this particular recoil reduction system for their XDS? Any others out there that I should look into?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

i added one to a CZ P-07 Duty 9mm pistol some years ago, it did seem to make a very slight difference in felt recoil, but IMHO not enough to warrant the cost. But it seemed to be a well made product with a flat wound spring. The P-07 only had a few hundred rounds when I did the swap so it was just broken in. Still cycled light range loads with no functional issues afterwards.

If you decide to get one, I think I ordered one from Zahal for quite a bit less than anywhere else, shipping took a LONG time but was worth the wait. I've also ordered parts from them for my CZ-2008 with no issues.

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not familiar with this, but my XDS recoils so mildly, it never occurred to me to seek a recoil reducing enhancement.
View Quote

+1      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top