Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 4:06:56 AM EDT
Looking to have my Range Officer Compact either Armory Kote or Cerakote. I know you folks have opinions so let me have them.

SACS told me Cerakote is tougher but with Armory Kote more parts can be coated

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody has an opinion?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have much experience but I would go with cerakote it's tried and true.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never had anything Cerakoted, but I had my range officer AK. I think the finish looks really good. I don't carry the RO so I have no idea how well it holds up to use and abuse.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I think in my reading I am leaning towards Cerakote, SACS told me with AK they can coat more parts then they can with CK, they did explain CK is more durable

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never had anything Cerakoted, but I had my range officer AK. I think the finish looks really good. I don't carry the RO so I have no idea how well it holds up to use and abuse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with Cerakote.

SACS has it for some other work and I am having them Cerakote it while it's there
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
cool. Post a pic when it comes back.

Here is my AK Range Officer. I personally like the older mix that was a tad bit shinier.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
very nice but I think you stole my grips :)

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
VZ is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
SACS actually cerakoted my range officer compact - and it's a lot tougher than AK. AK is a nice finish but cerakote is prob gonna last you a little longer and shoe less wear - esp if you have sacs do the work
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I had SACS Cerakote my trp barrel - it's seen 1k+ rounds and no real wear
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#11]

What was the turn around time on that AK work?  I am planning to have my RO Operator done when I'm done breaking it in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top