Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 12:59:55 AM EDT
So I got to play with a new gun a couple weeks ago. Springfield will update their website in the next couple of hours. This is the XD Mod 2 Service model. It is a 4 inch barrel full sized frame pistol. I will admit that since the XDS came out I had switched from a full sized pistol to one of those small compact pistols for every day carry use. After trying out this service model I may switch it up. I already liked the Mod 2 as a sensible upgrade to the classic XD line up. What I liked about this pistol was how it balanced and pointed. With a full magazine the grip fully fit my hand and the extra barrel weight just made it feel like an old friend. Even being in 40 calibre the extra girth and length of the pistol combined with the ergonomics of the Mod 2 made this pistol super comfortable to shoot. Unlike my XDS that would beat my hand and punish me after a couple boxes of practice the service model was just a joy to shoot. Hopefully ironmike1378 will chime in and agree with me that even though he is a Glock guy I was able to shoot it all the way out to a true 25 yards and still get reasonable hits. This first service model will be the 9mm version that should ship mid Sept with the 40 coming shortly after. I actually carried this pistol for about a week before I had to send it back. In that time I was able to verify that the same sights that fit every other XDS, XD, XDM, Mod 2 will also fit this pistol. The other thing was that I was able to use this pistol in a couple of my current holsters which would save me some money. And the service model uses the abundant classic XD mags. What this also means is that those of you that are behind the California lines will be able to use your low capacity mags strait out of the box if you do the single shot exception trickery you do.
All said and done this pistol has sparked my interest in full size guns again.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/8SrGTNxmBYg[/youtube]

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
KILLER!!!! Can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What about a price?
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about a price?
View Quote

Paid $535 for mine. You may or may not be able to do better in your neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
That's not to bad of price. Trying to decide if I want that or a 1911 in a 9mm. I have the Mod 2 in the compact version and really like. Want a full size for the home with a light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top