Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2015 1:35:13 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy my first 1911 soon.  The Springfield 1911 Loaded looks to be about what I'm looking for but before I spend $700+ I'd let to hear some opinions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A SA Loaded 1911 was the first pistol I bought when I turned 21. I've got thousands of rounds through it and don't have any major problems.  There are a few things I've changed, but nothing major.  

I don't love the screw in full length guide rod.  When you disassemble/reassemble you need an allen wrench.  If you don't get it tight it will fly off while firing and is hard to find.  I replaced it with a GI rod.  

I've been through a couple different grips, VZ, Magpul, etc.

The only other change is pretty recent, I picked up a storm lake threaded barrel so I could use my TiRant 45.

I tried to put in a Wilson Combat safety (not Ambi) but I'm gonna have to fit it.  It's not a huge deal so it's on the back burner right now.  

I've got a couple extra recoil springs and small parts but am still running strong on the stock internals.

Any questions just hit me up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know much about the loaded, but I do have an MC Operator which some say is just a loaded model with a rail and a paint job. Mine has been absolutely flawless and feeds everything. Fit, finish, accuracy, are all excellent. It is never getting sold and I have never had an ounce of buyer's remorse.

Some discredit it because the forgings are from Imbel which is a Brazilian manufacturer. I have heard that the Operator models with the NM prefix are fitted, and go through final QC, here in the USA, but the lower (less expensive) models are entirely Brazilian. That said, I don't hear a whole lot of complaints about Springfield and their customer service is second to none. Even if you get a lemon, they will make it right on their dollar, forever.

You might wanna do a search or check out the Springfield sub forum before some asshole comes along and disparages you for asking questions. Happens to me all the time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  Since this will be my first 1911 I'm looking for a basic model 1911.  I love everything about the range officer except the target sights.  Is there another springfield 1911 that is a more basic model than the loaded?  I guess what I want is a base model but something more than the Milspec.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a stainless Loaded earlier this year, the only thing im not crazy about is the two piece full length guide rod as was stated earlier.  I have about 500 rounds through it and not one single hitch, with ball and hollow points no problem.
I can confidently say you are good to go with a Loaded
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't know much about the loaded, but I do have an MC Operator which some say is just a loaded model with a rail and a paint job. Mine has been absolutely flawless and feeds everything. Fit, finish, accuracy, are all excellent. It is never getting sold and I have never had an ounce of buyer's remorse.

Some discredit it because the forgings are from Imbel which is a Brazilian manufacturer. I have heard that the Operator models with the NM prefix are fitted, and go through final QC, here in the USA, but the lower (less expensive) models are entirely Brazilian. That said, I don't hear a whole lot of complaints about Springfield and their customer service is second to none. Even if you get a lemon, they will make it right on their dollar, forever.

You might wanna do a search or check out the Springfield sub forum before some asshole comes along and disparages you for asking questions. Happens to me all the time.
View Quote

This is no longer the case, SA no longer sources from Brazil for over 3+ years now.

The NM guns from that era were usually fitted better than the Made in Brazil N marked guns.

OP, the loaded series is a fine pistol. A good base to add a few features as you see fit, or shoot just as it. SA has one of the best warranty's and CS in the industry. The only change needed is the removal of the crappy 2 pc guide road and either a gi rod or full length 1 pc rod used.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Ran 1550 rounds through mine 2 days ago. It didn't hiccup once. I am completely satisfied with mine and after shooting side by side with guys with Kimbers I will say..

Get a Springfield.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Aims Surplus has the Springfield Loaded N.M. on sale for 689.00, Great price, Good 1911!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top