Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2015 7:29:45 PM EDT
What can I do to fix this?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's most likely not the gun, low/left indicates compensating for recoil.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's most likely not the gun, low/left indicates compensating for recoil.
View Quote

That's what I've been hearing how do I fix this exactly?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Dry fire practice, watch the front sight (make sure it does not move) while pulling the trigger. You can practice at home and at the range. If my shots start going low/left I empty the gun and dry fire until the front sight doesn't move then load back up and continue shooting. You will be surprised at how you start to flinch after shooting for a bit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dry fire practice, watch the front sight (make sure it does not move) while pulling the trigger. You can practice at home and at the range. If my shots start going low/left I empty the gun and dry fire until the front sight doesn't move then load back up and continue shooting. You will be surprised at how you start to flinch after shooting for a bit.
View Quote

Thank you so much I'll be sure to try that!!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Low and left was/is common from the beginning of this pistol.  The grip size lets you wrap a lot of finger around the trigger and so when you think you are pulling you are more deflecting.  Center the pad of your finger on the trigger, and when viewed from above you will have about a pencil width of space between your finger and the frame.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Low and left was/is common from the beginning of this pistol.  The grip size lets you wrap a lot of finger around the trigger and so when you think you are pulling you are more deflecting.  Center the pad of your finger on the trigger, and when viewed from above you will have about a pencil width of space between your finger and the frame.  
View Quote

thanks ill try that too
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

thanks ill try that too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks ill try that too

*make sure gun is unloaded*
You can tape a piece of paper to a wall at home. Rack the slide to set the trigger stick a sharpened pencil, eraser end first, down the barrel. Make a mark on the paper to aim at. Hold your gun up to the paper just as you do at the range looking down the sights keeping the led of the pencil about half inch away from the paper. The firing pin will tap the eraser and bump the pencil into the paper. Try to keep hitting the same spot over and over. And a tip: slowly depress the trigger in for that initial take up, then slowly squeeze I little more until the trigger is pulled all the way back. Keep doing this until you get very efficient then you can start to expect to get faster and faster.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can tape a piece of paper to a wall at home. Rack the slide to set the trigger stick a sharpened pencil, eraser end first, down the barrel. Make a mark on the paper to aim at. Hold your gun up to the paper just as you do at the range looking down the sights keeping the led of the pencil about half inch away from the paper. The firing pin will tap the eraser and bump the pencil into the paper. Try to keep hitting the same spot over and over. And a tip: slowly depress the trigger in for that initial take up, then slowly squeeze I little more until the trigger is pulled all the way back. Keep doing this until you get very efficient then you can start to expect to get faster and faster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks ill try that too

Wow that's new ill give it a try thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top