Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2015 7:26:32 PM EDT
This really could be crossed posted in the Sig or Carry threads. I'm looking for a new carry gun, and after deciding single stack 9mm, I jumped to the RO compact or the Sig Ultra. The LGS has the Ultra and it feels great, but I haven't shot either and they don't have to try (claim they are selling too quickly to divert one to a range gun). The RO is bigger, which I think I like more, I already own a RO 45 full size and love it, and it is cheaper. However, the plastic takedown pin is making me look at options. Also, I haven't felt one. The Ultra is smaller (a plus?), comes with night sights, but also has a unique guide-rod due to its size.

Looking for the 'best' gun since both should carry nicely. I want to jump on a Springer but doing my due diligence.

The Sig is now on my list since the LGS has it and I've put hands on. The trigger seemed crisp (1911) but heavier than I anticipated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the RO Compact in .45 acp and absolutely love it.  Recoil a lot milder than I expected from a compact alloy 1911.  Slightly more noticable than a 5 inch all steel gun.  I have heard it is because of the dual recoil spring set up, but that is why you need the plastic take down tool.  Disassembly is quite simple with the plastic  tool.  I have seen a YouTube video where someone field strips and re assembles a Range Officer Compact without the tool.

I think you ll be very happy with the ROC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top