Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2015 8:44:08 AM EDT
After talking to the folks at Springfield Armory we determined that my P19134LP, a stainless 1911 5" chambered in 9mm needs a little warranty work. They gave me a shipping label and they received the pistol May 11.
Since the pistol is there I have decided to get a little custom work done like undercut trigger guard, reverse crown on the muzzle, nub the slide stop and upgrade the MIM parts.
Problem is I cant seem to communicate with a person at Springfield to order those things.
I have called a few times and left messages, sent 4 emails with no reply.
Am I missing something? Maybe they don't do custom work when warranty work is scheduled? Maybe my pistol is on the list for work but they havn't gotten to it yet?

Last year I sent my XDM 5.25 to them for warranty work and BAM! I had it back inside of 2 weeks!

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks Much
 VonBark
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Call and ask for amanda. She has always been prompt with my concerns/questions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I know they do not answer emails.  They need to make the XDS Grip Safety Spring available through part suppliers.  Having to buy a PRP spring kit for one spring is ridiculous IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had good luck with Penne at the SACS. She always responded to my emails in a timely fashion.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After talking to the folks at Springfield Armory we determined that my P19134LP, a stainless 1911 5" chambered in 9mm needs a little warranty work. They gave me a shipping label and they received the pistol May 11.
Since the pistol is there I have decided to get a little custom work done like undercut trigger guard, reverse crown on the muzzle, nub the slide stop and upgrade the MIM parts.
Problem is I cant seem to communicate with a person at Springfield to order those things.
I have called a few times and left messages, sent 4 emails with no reply.
Am I missing something? Maybe they don't do custom work when warranty work is scheduled? Maybe my pistol is on the list for work but they havn't gotten to it yet?

Last year I sent my XDM 5.25 to them for warranty work and BAM! I had it back inside of 2 weeks!

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks Much
 VonBark
View Quote

They called me yesterday.
When I shipped the 1911  I included a note that said "barrel hood is rubbing on the slide near breach face, take a look, its obvious""
The account manager that called me said "My techs checked your pistol and they didn't see any dust cover rub"
I said 'That's great but I didn't mention dust cover' I offered to text or email a pic but he declined.
Below is a pic of the offending pistol. Its a stainless 1911 5" in 9mm. When I slowly move the slide into battery the barrel hood doesn't seem to touch the slide.
What do ya think?

VonBark  OP

</a>" />
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd be surprised if they didn't see that spot themselves, and maybe just said there is no dust cover rub as well.
It is an easy fix for them, or yourself. But you shouldn't have to do it yourself.
Hope they make it right for you.
Have them pin that ejector, as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top