Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2015 7:06:37 PM EDT
I have an EMP in .40 and was wondering how often the recoil spring needs to be replaced? I have heard that small 1911's go through recoil springs quickly. Any other other maintenance or springs/parts replacements I need to do at certain round counts? Any other helpful tips about this gun? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]
-Springers do pretty well, actually. You're GTG for 2-3k, and I've seen some last longer. Some people change the FP spring with the recoil spring
-The EMP is notorious for having its ejector become unglued and jamming up the slide
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
-Springers do pretty well, actually. You're GTG for 2-3k, and I've seen some last longer. Some people change the FP spring with the recoil spring
-The EMP is notorious for having its ejector become unglued and jamming up the slide
View Quote

How do you fix the ejector?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If it breaks, SA will replace/pin it under warranty.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank! So is there any symptoms when it's going to go bad? Also how reliable is the EMP proving to be? My 40 has eaten everything I fed it so far
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thank! So is there any symptoms when it's going to go bad? Also how reliable is the EMP proving to be? My 40 has eaten everything I fed it so far
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'll get harder to disassemble because the loose ejector will hang up on the firing pin stop.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It'll get harder to disassemble because the loose ejector will hang up on the firing pin stop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again! So how is the EMP's reliability overall? I'm not really familiar with it and got mine from a friend who is selling off part of his collection.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#7]
If you get a good one they are great. If not keep sending it back to Springfield till it is.
There is a huge thread above that has all the info you need.
Mine is 9mm and runs great.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
A certain girl in CS at SACS uses one as her EDC. That's why I bought mine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The original owner put about 400 rounds through it and he said he had no problems with factory ammo but the gun didn't like his reloads. I put 200 rounds factory ammo through with no failures at all so it must be good. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get to the range and do some more testing but I feel pretty confident because of this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top