Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2015 11:25:54 AM EDT
I am interested in picking up a 1911 again after quite a few years without one. I would prefer 45acp but with ammo cost, 9mm is far cheaper in bulk and I have a glock 19 which brings me to the Range Officer Compact in 9mm. Are these reliable in 9mm? Anybody here have one they shoot much? thanks

Seen a post in the 1911 thread. From a couple people it seems ok.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]

There has always been a series of performance/reliability questions about shortened slide 1911s like the 'Commander' and smaller framed 1911s like the 'Officer'.

Add to that the 9mm variable and I'll pass entirely.

JMB designed the 1911 with a full size 5" barrel and made to run .45 acp. I'll dance with the one what brung me.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if you saw my post in the 1911 area.  I bought it yesterday and I've put close to 500 rounds through it.  The only malfs I've had were three FTFs using JHPs for the first time.  It was from one magazine, and it only happened the first three times I released the slide using the slide lock lever.  After these, both mags loaded the JHPs without issues.  

I really like mine, it's a nice change from the Glock 19.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The ROC in 9 is a pretty good deal-I have the 45 version, springer did not get the memo about short 1911s being unreliable. Mine has been 100%, and a friends 9mm version has also been 100%.

You gotta know SA had to cut some corners to get them this cheap though. Fit/finish is just OK.My thumb safety was razor sharp.  My trigger had more creep than a child molester, and the damn thing was nearly a foot high/left.  Sent mine back and SA cleaned up the trigger and got it shooting to POA,no charge.

My buddies ROC 9 is going back since his front sight will not stay in its dovetail.

Still really nice CCO for the $$

ETA- JMB designed the gun over 100 years ago, the last 20 years have really seen some improvements.   Guys who know what they are doing have pretty much figured out how to make small 1911s run.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top