Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2015 4:08:10 AM EDT
I picked up a Mod.2 45.  I thought I would post a few pictures to compare it with some other Springfield handguns.  The road to the range isn't plowed and has a few feet of snow on it so I haven't shot it yet.  

I put the XDM Pearce extension on the 9 round mag (after the picture) which fit my hand perfect.  The Mod.2 has the 3.3" compared to my XDM's 3.8.  Size wise, other then being .5" shorter, the Mod.2 is almost the same exact gun as the XDM.  I havent been able to find a IWB holster for the Mod.2 yet.  I tried it in the the old XD tactical and XDM stock holsters.  It fit but not perfect so I think I will wait for an actual Mod.2 holsters instead of settling for a close enough holster.  

As much as I hate the "grip zone" stamping, it does feel great.  I cant wait to shoot it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, been eyeing a Mod2 (in 9mm) for me and the wife.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
So what is the difference with XD Mod 2 and XDM Compact except for the slide length?  All these choices are confusing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a heck of a lot.  The size is almost exactly the same.  The XDM I have has a 3.8" barrel while the Mod.2 has a 3.3" barrel.  The slide is a little thinner and the grip is different.  While it is has the stupid grip zone printed on it, it is very comfortable.  I didn't realize how similar they are until I hand the new Mod.2 in hand and could compare them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Have not handled a mod 2 in 45. But to me the XDm trigger is. FAR superior to the XD line. To the point I won't own an XD. I have spoiled myself on sweet sweet XDm shootin.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have not handled a mod 2 in 45. But to me the XDm trigger is. FAR superior to the XD line. To the point I won't own an XD. I have spoiled myself on sweet sweet XDm shootin.
View Quote

I'm the exact opposite.  I can't stand the XDm trigger and will only own the original XD.  That's the great thing about guns.  There is enough variety that everyone can find one that they like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top