Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2015 3:28:59 PM EDT
I happened into the XD-S .45 and I am glad I did.  Once I got the trigger cleaned up and broke in I like this pistol more than my Glock 19 I carry CCW.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I happened into the XD-S .45 and I am glad I did.  Once I got the trigger cleaned up and broke in I like this pistol more than my Glock 19 I carry CCW.
View Quote

what all did you did you do?

Great little gun.  I've been carrying one for about 8 months now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the 9 version a couple months ago and seems fine except my thumb rides the slide release and last round slide closes.  This is all me but still.  I got the Powder River kit for it and hope to install it tonight so I'm anxious to see how much difference it makes.  

Mine came with 2 7 round mags and no extended so I bought the extended one.  I shoot the gun way better with the short mags and I did install the Pearce grip extension on them.

I  carry a LCR and I really want to carry this one too, jury is still out.  Hopefully I can get my kinks worked out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I researched and think I will be buying the Powder River Kit.  It can only get better.  Peace!
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
You should also invest in a talon grip.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I own the 4 inch XDS and it has also taken the place of my G19.  Do you plan on using the 5 shot for increased concealment or the 7 shot magazine?

Have you picked a holster yet?  I like the comfort of the N82 but I keep releasing the magazine because of my grip and the method required to draw the pistol
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a OWB Tagua holster off Ebay for now.  I found these guys The Holster Store and plan on using them in the future.  I am going to carry with the 5 shot mag and have two 7 shot mags as backup.

I removed the frame from the slide and lubricated moving parts with Tetra Gun Grease.  I used a hair dryer to melt it in.  Then I worked the trigger bar hundreds of times.  I know this is hard on the sear, but the XD-S sear needed some abuse.  Now my XD-S is as smooth as my Glock 19.  I compared them side-by-side.  I never lubricated to striker, just moving parts in the frame.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget they now make a middle size mag as well, 6 rounds for 45 acp and 8 rounds for the 9mm
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Got one in 9mm. Installed a powder river kit. One of the best carry pistols around. They ride nicely in Alien gear holstets.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't find the 6 round .45 mags.  I prefer them and am willing to give up that extra shot as I will probably never need it in self defense.  If I do I am disengaging anyway.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to call Springfield to order them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top