Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2015 12:38:47 PM EDT
Over the years I have had a few SA pistols. I'm currently down to 2, but might pick up a loaded operator when the get released.

I will say that the only issue I have had out of my SA 1911's was an "N" marked stainless loaded that had to go back for repair, but none of the other guns have given me trouble.

I currently have a SACS Range Officer and a SACS Stainless Mil Spec. I cannot say enough good things about the Custom Shop, I have mainly dealt with Amanda and she is polite and quick with responses to my questions, if she doesn't know the answer, she asks Dave Williams and either 1 or the other get back quickly with the answer.

Here is my RO. Please forgive the potato level Picture quality.

Work done:

1. 25 LPI High cut checkering

2. Colt Style Trigger guard undercut

3. 25 LPI non-ILS MSH

4. 4lb Trigger job

5. FO Front sight

6. Std carry Bevel

7. Debur rear of thumb safety (round off the sharp edge)

8. Debur and Round original rear target sight (although I sent it back for the fixed rear)

9. Heine EZ Lock rear fixed sight

10. Finish in Satin Black Armory Kote

11. Sight for POA/POI

Mil Spec:

Work done:

1. 25 LPI High cut checkering

2. Colt Style Trigger guard undercut

3. 25 LPI non-ILS MSH

4. 4lb Trigger job

5. Ext Single Sided Thumb safety

6. Trigger

7. Commander Hammer

8. Beavertail Grip Safety

9. 10-8 Rear NM sight

10. Sight for POA/POI

The only things I wish I would have gotten done while they were there was adding a 10-8 slide stop to both pistols.

Both are fitted very nice and shoot very well, but the RO is just a little more accurate.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice pistols.  I only have one Springfield and it's my only 1911 (new MC operator) but I can see myself having two like yourself.  I love the range officer models and yours is one of the nicest I have seen.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. The loaded operator is on my shortlist whenever they start releasing them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
They are habit forming, aren't they?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Fine looking 1911's you got there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice. I really want one. I love my XD compact. I have been drooling on the range officer for awhile.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all. I love the way a 1911 feels and shoots.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you comeing out ahead tweeking production pistols vs. having sacs just build you a custom carry the way you want it?  My CC 9mm was very reasonable, considering my options, vs my similar WC cqb
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
For the Mil spec, yes as SACS will not build a ground up stainless gun.
The RO, probably about $900 cheaper than a Custom Carry with the same options for what I had bought the RO for.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Very Nice! I am looking at doing the 10-8 Rear Sight and a Complete Bar Stock Fire Control Group with a Comander Hammer on My MilSpec along with a Beavertail Grip Safety. I am going to use the Pachmayr  Grips off of My MC Operator on the MilSpec, Sorta a MEUSOC Copy. Pics of My MC Operator and Milspec.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the Mil spec, yes as SACS will not build a ground up stainless gun.The RO, probably about $900 cheaper than a Custom Carry with the same options for what I had bought the RO for.
View Quote

A custom carry starts at about 1700.  How much did the gun work cost you?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For the Mil spec, yes as SACS will not build a ground up stainless gun.The RO, probably about $900 cheaper than a Custom Carry with the same options for what I had bought the RO for.

Last time I inquired about a custom carry, it started at around $2k then about $500 in extras (IE checkering, undercut, AK finish, FO sight, 10-8 rear).

I paid $650 for the RO and around $850 for the work. so $1500 in it, far less than $2500. I would like to have a custom carry, but probably couldn't personally ring out the additional accuracy vs the RO, the only true thing it offered for me, was novak sight cuts instead of the target cut.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Sharp looking guns in here
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Last time I inquired about a custom carry, it started at around $2k then about $500 in extras (IE checkering, undercut, AK finish, FO sight, 10-8 rear).  

I paid $650 for the RO and around $850 for the work. so $1500 in it, far less than $2500. I would like to have a custom carry, but probably couldn't personally ring out the additional accuracy vs the RO, the only true thing it offered for me, was novak sight cuts instead of the target cut.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about that shiny milspec? It's beautiful!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I only had $300 in the mil spec after selling a bunch of random junk. The total additional work for it was $805

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice 1911's... really liking the Milspec... and I have to say, there is just something about the Springfield Armory logo on the grip...I'm a graphic designer by trade and they probably have the best design logo when it comes to Firearms...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#16]
nice looking pair you got there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top