BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2015 3:43:24 PM EDT
I can't hardly wait for this one

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll probably sell my lightweight operator for one.

SA did it right this time. Any word on price? $1,000 or under?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Buds had the LBO about a month ago, which will probably be the same as this one. $1250. Hopefully a larger production run will equal a lower cost.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buds had the LBO about a month ago, which will probably be the same as this one. $1250. Hopefully a larger production run will equal a lower cost.
View Quote

I'd be shocked to see this under 1,000, but we can all hope.  I bet all the guys who bought MC Ops, and sent them to the CS to have them re-coated black are pissed
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a new MC Operator is coming as well.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
So they improved the magwell.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
On the MC They added some sort of Checkering to the Fronstrap, The Older MC did not have any Checkering but had Pachmayr Rubber Wrap Around Grips. I would have to feel the Checkering, I have a TRP and find it a little to Agressive for Me. I have been Shooting 1911's for 30 Years and find a Non Checkered Fron Strap more Comfortable for Me Anyway. That 's why I like the Loaded Operator it appears to not be Checkered. Either Way They both Look Great!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's $1200 why would I get it over the TRP?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting checkering pattern.  Less checkering really and more like a "stippling" or scaling pattern.  Wish I was at SHOT to feel it in my hands.  Also wish I hadn't just bought an MC Op.  I could have held out and gotten free VZ grips and front strap checkering.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The light rail.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because a Standard TRP does not have a RAIL! If You want a Railed TRP be prepared to spend 1,600.00! And for Me I will take the Non Checkered Frontstrap over the Checkered Frontstrap on the TRP. I have a TRP and do not like the Aggresive Frontstrap Checkering on it, I have Owned 1911's for 30 Years and find the Standard Frontstrap More Comfortable in My Hands.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#11]

I will say the Checkering or whatever You might call it on the New MC Operator looks more Comfortable than the 20LPI Teeth My TRP Has!
I would really like to see one in Person to see how it feels. Otherwise it's gonna be a Loaded Operator for Me:)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I will say the Checkering or whatever You might call it on the New MC Operator looks more Comfortable than the 20LPI Teeth My TRP Has!
I would really like to see one in Person to see how it feels. Otherwise it's gonna be a Loaded Operator for Me:)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed.  Definitely not teeth, more like dimples?  I would really love feel one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked the old mc operator but didn't like the grips. The new mc operator will have to join my collection. It will be my first 1911 and I wanted one for many years. Guess I need to pay out the ass and wait for ever to get a pistol permit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Well so much for the Loaded Operator, I bought a as New in Box MC Operator Today for a even 1000.00 I couldn't pass it up since I could have it now rather than wait for the Loaded Operator to come out and the Demand will be a high at first, Maybe a 6 Month Wait? I will post Pictures as soon as Photobucket is up and Running again it say's They are Performing Site Maintanance

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#15]
$900 sounds about right.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Guh, when are these hitting market?  I just want to fondle one in a gun shop and then come back and buy it a year later when I'm solvent.  Same thing I did with the HK P30.. fondled it in Dec one year at a gun store, showed up like next November to get it.  NEVER FORGET (a good handgun).
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, if pricing is right, they hit a homerun with these two.  I have no use for the Loaded Operator since I already have a TRP Operator, but that MC Operator would make a great suppressor host and compliment my Scorpion quite well.  I'll probably try to pick one of them up.  A few extra 1911s in my collection isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#18]
The loaded operator with the new mc operator front strap checkering would be perfect.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#19]
So where do we think this falls in the price realm?

Loaded Operator = or < LW Operator < MC Operator < LBO Operator < TRP Operator or...other?

I still say they need a Range Operator.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#20]
TRP
MC
Loaded
LW

From Highest to lowest price.

Buds had the LB for $1250 in Dec. Assuming a larger production run, maybe get it in at the current MC's Buds price of around $1050-1100 (Their pricing models suck ass, price change daily sometimes)
MC will go up a bit due to the additional machining work on the FS, figure maybe the $1250 range.
TRP will most likely stay where it is at.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Loaded Operator = or < LW Operator < MC Operator < LBO Operator < TRP Operator or...other?

View Quote

And a 9mm Operator
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Long Beach Operators (Loaded Operators) sell for over $1200 on gunbroker. Of course they are limited production guns and kind of rare. I would expect a production version to sell for less. I am debating selling mine to get ahead of the curve.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the new operators. I sold my TRP and went back to my loaded. Hated the checkering and preferred fixed sights. Got 1650 for the TRP glad my friend stopped me from listing it at 1200.

I do wish my loaded had something on the front strap as long as it's not the cheese grater they use on the TRP. Would love a full rail in 9mm and might buy a Armscor to fill the void There is a member here with a gorgeous hard chromed full rail custom operator in 9mm. Thing is pure sex.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:10:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And a 9mm Operator
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a 9mm Operator

That's a Great Idea a Loaded Operator in 9mm I'm In!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like the new operators. I sold my TRP and went back to my loaded. Hated the checkering and preferred fixed sights. Got 1650 for the TRP glad my friend stopped me from listing it at 1200.

I do wish my loaded had something on the front strap as long as it's not the cheese grater they use on the TRP. Would love a full rail in 9mm and might buy a Armscor to fill the void There is a member here with a gorgeous hard chromed full rail custom operator in 9mm. Thing is pure sex.
View Quote

Full Rail 9mm RIA for $490  

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That link takes me to a 45. I will probably dig one up down the road.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry about that.  I was looking at this one while browsing slick guns, and when I scrolled back up, I clicked on the wrong one and made the hyperlink without reading the description again.  My apologies.  

http://www.slickguns.com/product/rock-island-armory-1911a1-midsize-tactical-22tcm9mm-rail-10-rnd-63211

It comes with the 9mm and .22TCM barrels.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorry about that.  I was looking at this one while browsing slick guns, and when I scrolled back up, I clicked on the wrong one and made the hyperlink without reading the description again.  My apologies.  

http://www.slickguns.com/product/rock-island-armory-1911a1-midsize-tactical-22tcm9mm-rail-10-rnd-63211

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I almost jumped on the doublestack when they listed the combo. Very cool gun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I like it, though I still don't understand why Springfield doesn't offer one with a threaded barrel ? I mean really ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like it, though I still don't understand why Springfield doesn't offer one with a threaded barrel ? I mean really ?
View Quote

I think that is a smaller market than most of us realize even though it has gotten much bigger recently. I know the Remington threaded guns didn't sell very well. I am not saying they shouldn't do it I just think it's a hard decision for them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I think that is a smaller market than most of us realize even though it has gotten much bigger recently. I know the Remington threaded guns didn't sell very well. I am not saying they shouldn't do it I just think it's a hard decision for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

With as many eFile submissions the ATF gets every month, I don't think it's that small of a market anymore.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Great, another Springfield 1911 that I'll never manage to find in stock anywhere.

But depending on the price, looks outstanding.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll take the new MC and add a mag well, please and thank you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You read my mind.  Here's the lead on matching magwell grips.

https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/1911/operators/operatortm-predator-green-g10

I'll also take the Loaded Operator if they ever make it in 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:23:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the link!  I love my MC OP but after seeing those grips I've been wishing I would have waited.  I'm going to have to just break down and buy those from VZ.  I'll still be short the front strap checkering though
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Brand New 2015 MC Operator $1067 Shipped from Centerfire

This is the new version, not a new in box old version.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ho lee fook, that is a good price.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and that's brand new right out of the gate.  I imagine it'll creep down a little less after it's been out for a while before it bottoms out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Just saw a local shop post on FB that he's getting some in soon for $1105.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why they went OOS the same day.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Got mine today
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/J-Markert/media/IMG_1341_zps081124b9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af302/J-Markert/IMG_1341_zps081124b9.jpg</a>

Got mine today
View Quote

Dead sexy right there....

What's the MSH look like? Checkered or textured to match the front strap?

How do you like the front strap texture??
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#43]
The MSH is standard and does not match the front checkering.  The front checkering is not as aggressive as it looks and feels really good in the hand.  I fired 200 rounds this afternoon of WWB and it shoots like any other Springfield

I had my buddy at my LGS hold a Colt XSE commander for me yesterday and when I walked in this morning this was sitting in the glass counter.  I couldn't believe he already had one.  The slide/frame fit is almost too tight but didn't affect function.  Needless to say my LGS still has the Colt and I have this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The MSH is standard and does not match the front checkering.  The front checkering is not as aggressive as it looks and feels really good in the hand.  I fired 200 rounds this afternoon of WWB and it shoots like any other Springfield

I had my buddy at my LGS hold a Colt XSE commander for me yesterday and when I walked in this morning this was sitting in the glass counter.  I couldn't believe he already had one.  The slide/frame fit is almost too tight but didn't affect function.  Needless to say my LGS still has the Colt and I have this.
View Quote

K good. So when I get one I won't feel guilty replacing it for one with a mag well then...

Thanks for the report and congrats on the new pistol! It's a beauty!!

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#45]
One thing to note though is if you get a mag-well the vZ type grips that come on the MC are not mag-well grips if that bothers you.  They have a slight taper at the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
One thing to note though is if you get a mag-well the vZ type grips that come on the MC are not mag-well grips if that bothers you.  They have a slight taper at the bottom.
View Quote

These should be the matching grips for those who want magwells with magwell grips.

ETA: Those match the pics on the Springfield website the best.  These seem to match the pic you posted the best.  

https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/1911/operators/operatortm-dirty-olive-g10
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

These should be the matching grips for those who want magwells with magwell grips.

ETA: Those match the pics on the Springfield website the best.  These seem to match the pic you posted the best.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking aliens or gator backs will look good with the front straps tho...
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I think for the money its the best railed 1911 right now.  I may end up adding a mag-well but that is really all that is needed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think for the money its the best railed 1911 right now.  I may end up adding a mag-well but that is really all that is needed.
View Quote

Agreed. Magwell and some grips to go with (can't stand spaces around the magwell)
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a 9mm Operator

+1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top