Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2015 4:04:05 PM EDT
What, if any, are the available trigger upgrads for the XD pistols (NOT XDm)?  I've heard of Springer Precision but don't really know anything about them.  Other options?  Experiences?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone have any opinions or experience that would suggest one of these would be better than the other?  Price difference is only $5. . .

Springer Precision Kit

--OR--

PRP Kit
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Try here .   http://www.xdtalk.com/
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone have any opinions or experience that would suggest one of these would be better than the other?  Price difference is only $5. . .

Springer Precision Kit

--OR--

PRP Kit
View Quote

I believe the Springer trigger is engineered better and is a more robust design.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
GO with the PRP Extreme kit. Alternate the springs to get to the right trigger pull.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Springer Precision, Canyon Creek and Powder River are all excellent service providers....  can't go wrong with any of them...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 3 XDs...XD45 Tactical, XD45 Compact and XD9 Tactical. I love XDs but their stock triggers straight out of the box aren't very good.

I sent all 3 to Springer Precision for the Combat Carry Trigger Job and Factory Cleanup. Money well spent, head and shoulders above box-stock now.

Part of the trigger job is replacement of the stock trigger bar and sear. Much better pull and shorter reset. The Factory Cleanup involves fitting and polishing all moving parts not associated with the trigger job.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have sent mine to the guys at Robar industries in Phoenix. They do some great work down there. Also having mine Cerakoted burnt bronze and having them do the grip texture as well
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 for prp. Great product and great CS.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#10]
PRP all the way. I have them in two pistols and my wife did her own drop in kit. If you are patient get the ultimate and fit it yourself.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PRP all the way. I have them in two pistols and my wife did her own drop in kit. If you are patient get the ultimate and fit it yourself.
View Quote

This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top