Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2015 12:32:19 PM EDT
I know zero about the XDM, I'm a glock guy. But I was recently looking at getting an xdm in 5.25. I was looking at the frames of the 5.25, 4 and 3 and they all look very similar. Is there any way you can take the slide off the 5.25 and add a complete 4 inch or other slide and it will work?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I've asked around and from what I've gathered, they don't offer complete uppers. I have an XDM 4.5 and would love a 5.25 slide..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you will get a new slide stripped or otherwise. Don't think you'll get a new frame either.
Aside from complete guns I don't think Springfield wants these components out there at all.
Why do I think that?...
I broke my 5.25 slide. I was sure S/A would not fix nor replace it under warranty so I asked them if I could just buy a new slide. They said "no" we don"t sell XDM slides. They offered to take a look and asses my gun if I would send the complete pistol to them and they would pay for shipping both ways. I did and in 9 days I had my 5.25 XDm back with a new unserial numbered slide.
 While Springfield had my gun I bought another 5.25. This allowed me swap slides & barrels from one 5.25 to another 5.25 and I found they fit perfectly and ran great.
I have since sold the extra 5.25.

I wonder if anyone out there has purchased a new XD/XDm slide or frame?

Hope this helps
VonBark

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think you will get a new slide stripped or otherwise. Don't think you'll get a new frame either.

Aside from complete guns I don't think Springfield wants these components out there at all.

Why do I think that?...

I broke my 5.25 slide. I was sure S/A would not fix nor replace it under warranty so I asked them if I could just buy a new slide. They said "no" we don"t sell XDM slides. They offered to take a look and asses my gun if I would send the complete pistol to them and they would pay for shipping both ways. I did and in 9 days I had my 5.25 XDm back with a new unserial numbered slide.

While Springfield had my gun I bought another 5.25. This allowed me swap slides & barrels from one 5.25 to another 5.25 and I found they fit perfectly and ran great.

I have since sold the extra 5.25.

I wonder if anyone out there has purchased a new XD/XDm slide or frame?

Hope this helps

VonBark

View Quote

assess has 4 s's.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Several months ago I saw a 9mm complete upper offered on GB. It lingered for several months.

I saw another one here briefly.

What is assess?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Several months ago I saw a 9mm complete upper offered on GB. It lingered for several months.

I saw another one here briefly.

What is assess?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. You can swap slides on the XDM frame.

I have a 5.25 XDM in 40 and my best friend has a 4.5 in 40 and we swapped slides so he could try my frame (with PRP Extreme trigger, Extended mag release and grip  safety) and I sold him on getting the parts for his XDM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top