Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2015 10:33:44 PM EDT
Not worth the money IMHO I will be returning it.

OEM trigger pull - 7.5

+p striker spring with OEM trigger springs - 8.25lbs and a noticably louder strike

PRP trigger spring kit and OEM striker spring - 9.5lbs, as many other people have had issues with, I have had light primer strikes with hard primers so I do not want to go below the strength of an OEM striker spring.

All done with Lyman trigger pull gauge
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish you had posted this last week.  I just got mine in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got mine today
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My XDs trigger measured 6 lbs pre and post recall. I don't see a need to replace the springs in mine. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My XDs trigger measured 6 lbs pre and post recall. I don't see a need to replace the springs in mine. YMMV
View Quote

You may have a few more rounds through yours, I bought a post recall model and only have about 600 rounds through it. I know my xdm trigger smoothed out and is really nice after 1500 or so rounds. I always have people ask me if I have had a trigger job done and say nope, just a few thousand rounds. I was just hoping the PRP kit would lighten it by 1-2lbs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
9.5lb trigger pull...yikes! I thought the LCP was as much trigger pull as I could take at 8lb. I suppose varying lengths would make me favor one over the other anyway.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you sure installed everything correctly? I just did the spring kit + sear on my XDS and the trigger is much better now, I would put the pull right around 5 pounds with a cleaner break. I'm very happy with the results for 55 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one of the very first released XDs 45's. The factory trigger was around 8.5lbs after break in, after I installed the PRP spring kit it has been at 4.75lbs, that was almost two years ago. I for one think the kit is well worth it, but it sounds like the newer guns are coming with lighter springs from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had one of the very first released XDs 45's. The factory trigger was around 8.5lbs after break in, after I installed the PRP spring kit it has been at 4.75lbs, that was almost two years ago. I for one think the kit is well worth it, but it sounds like the newer guns are coming with lighter springs from the factory.
View Quote

I purchased mine over summer and it definitely was around the 8-9 pound range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Op your saying the kit made your trigger heavier?
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, not sure why. I re-installed the original springs and it went  back to the original pull. I did not install a new sear like some of the other guys.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, not sure why. I re-installed the original springs and it went  back to the original pull. I did not install a new sear like some of the other guys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird I would call them I have read in other places their customer service  is really good

For what it's worth I was looking here because I ordered it myself received it last night and installed it.  I didn't install the striker spring cuz heard possible light strikes.  I had already polished the internals before installing to smooth it out.  Even without the striker spring made trigger a lot lighter and a bit smother.  It definitely gets my things up.  I would call them I bet they will take care of you.

Oh and I Just put the spring kit in I didn't buy the one with the sear
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely something wrong.  2 friends each have a stock XDs and compared to mine with the PRP kit, there is a night and day difference in all aspects of the trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top