Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2014 10:42:10 AM EDT
I have an XDM 5.25 in 9mm. There is a thin pin located just above the mag release button, while shooting that pin tends to work its way out to the left. It doesn't move every time I take it to the range but once in awhile I notice it moves. Once it was about 1/4 inch out!  The pistol has a Powder River trigger but I have never intentionally removed the mag release pin.

Springfield Armory has an Excellent Customer Service dept. but I don't want to send it back for the pin issue.

Any ideas on what to do for a migrating magazine release retainer pin?

Thanks For Your Time
VonBark
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard of this happening before on this gun.  Usually a new pin fixes it.  The bad news is that the mag catch is a giant PITA to work on.  Taking it out is no trouble but putting it back together is the stuff of nightmares.  It might be worth it to send back to SA unless you know an XD armorer nearby.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Should be no need to take anything apart just to swap pins.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a XDM .40 and the same pin walks out on mine.
Post up when you find a fix.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot. That's good stuff & saved to Favorites for ref.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top