Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2014 8:02:05 PM EDT
hey fellows,

because of your replies to a question i posted 2 months ago, i went out and bought a RO.
i have a DW valor but i wanted more of a range gun to shoot with all the time instead of the DW.

I am really impressed with the RO. shoots almost as good as the DW but its really close.
about the only real complaint with it is its trigger. i`m so used to the crisp+1 of the DW
that its hard getting used to RO`s trigger. its only about 1.25 lb. heavier than the DW ( according to my scale ).

but i really need to get this trigger to match it. i`m not much of a 1911 smith other than changing parts
and sights.

what would you guys suggest to lessen the pull of the RO? i do mean to lessen it, i don`t want to get used to its trigger!

would a different mainspring help? or do you recommend to take it to a good smith and do sear work.

if parts is the answer, should i go to ed brown. i know most of the good parts of the DW valor are from ed`s.

appreciate any help here. did any of you with the RO do anything to get its pull lighter? if so, what did you do?

thanks!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Drop the ILS mainspring housing and replace with a slightly lighter spring & standard MSH, get the sear and hammer hooks polished, and a general once over from a decent smith.

OR get some drop in Cylinder & Slide parts, which still may require fitting by someone that knows what they're doing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Just replacing the ILS parts even with a #23 mainspring "should" drop the pull weight about .5 lbs
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep the ILS housing and just get new standard guts for it along with a 19lb main spring.  While you are into it replace the sear spring with one from Colt or C+S (Cylinder and Slide).  Will make for a nice trigger with minimal effort and expense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top