Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 1:02:26 PM EDT
I got it in the mail a few days ago, and finally got to put it in yesterday. I have already added the PRP spring kit, so I knew it was going to be a PITA getting the sear housing back in without the grip safety popping out.

***The trick is to push down on the sear while pinching the sides so the pins don't slide out*** This pinches the grip safety arm in place while sliding it into the frame. Otherwise a bump of the trigger bar will undo your hard work (ask me how I know...repeatedly)

The instructions say you may have to sand around the roll pin hole of the OEM grip safety arm so it can move freely, I had to on mine. The roll pin comes partially pre-installed which is a nice time saving thought by PRP.

I haven't shot it yet but it doesn't feel bad in the hand, overall I like it and feel its a quality part that serves  a good purpose. Now if I could figure out which night sights I want my XDS will be finished. Anyways on to the pics!

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking pretty good. :) I am debating on adding the PRP spring kit in mine also. Never thought of an extended grip safety. What made you put this on?

I am also looking at xs big dot sights :).

Here is a pic for the sake of pics lol

Here is one in my Stow n Go by Galco

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Where you having difficulty engaging the stock grip safety on your XD-S?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where you having difficulty engaging the stock grip safety on your XD-S?
View Quote

No but the web of my hand was getting pinched between the grip safety and the frame. I've also never had to shoot it in a life or death situation to see if I have time to get a perfect grip on it or not.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Arfcommer in a defensive shoot thinks his hands being shot up caused him to have a failure to fire on his 1911 due to the grip safety.  That modification might help in that rare situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top