Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2014 9:34:58 PM EDT
Which trigger kit should I go with for my XD 5.25" IDPA/IPSC gun?

Powder River Ultimate Match

OR

Springer Precision kit

Both are close to same $, with minor fitting needed. Looking for feedback on either or both.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PRP kit in mine and I like it
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I put in the PRP ultimate match trigger kit in mine.  Damn it's awesome.  I use mine for IDPA, USPSA, and 3 gun.  They have a YouTube video that is simple and straightforward, after a little fitting here and there (I only had to fit the overtravel stop on the trigger) and I was amazed at the difference.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Hands down PRP.  Several comparative threads in the history here
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Compare the parts and you'll realize why we do what we do. The trigger bar we machine from billet stainless steel was designed not only as a trigger stop, but to increase the rigidity and durability of the fire control system. If we were to sell a lifter bar and plastic trigger, we would charge half of that price (like they used to.)
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered the PRP match trigger.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Compare the parts and you'll realize why we do what we do. The trigger bar we machine from billet stainless steel was designed not only as a trigger stop, but to increase the rigidity and durability of the fire control system. If we were to sell a lifter bar and plastic trigger, we would charge half of that price (like they used to.)
View Quote

I'm looking to get a mo' betta trigger for my XD in 45. I've put a PRP in an XD in 9mm and had Springfield put whatever magic trigger they use in an XDM Competition. Not knowing much about Springer's triggers, can you elaborate on the features and/or ease of installation compared to the PRP and/or whatever version Springfield uses in their custom shop?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Springfield modifies the factory parts. We manufacture a new sear and trigger bar to reduce travel and upgrade the durability of the fire control system. We have a video section on our website that goes through the fitting process. Frame 1-3. We also manufacture a aluminum trigger and striker that can further upgrade your fire control system.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Springfield modifies the factory parts. We manufacture a new sear and trigger bar to reduce travel and upgrade the durability of the fire control system. We have a video section on our website that goes through the fitting process. Frame 1-3. We also manufacture a aluminum trigger and striker that can further upgrade your fire control system.
View Quote

Nice to know! Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top