Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 5:03:27 PM EDT
I'm wanting to replace the stock windage only rear sight on my XDs 3.3" .45. I, apparently, hold different than the rest of the modern world, thus my shots hits low (Off a rest, so I know it's not me...it's my sight picture, which I've held a 6 O'clock sight picture for too many years to change).

Anyway, any suggestions for fully adjustable rear sight, that is conceal friendly?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They are very hard to change out, i suggest you try James.http://www.shop.xd-hs2000.com/Sight-Installation-Services-SightInstall.htm

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Providing no major milling work is required, I have replaced several sights before. My problem is I can't seem to find any for an XDs, I can find them for my XD competition, but none for an XDs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I put a set of Sig # 8  front and rear Meps on my XDS 3.3 .45 and it shoots to POA/POI.
The install was easy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
As an update to my OP:

After speaking with my local gunsmith, he suggested a rear sight by Dawson Precision. He showed me his match XD, which he installed this rear and front sight. He did tell me, not only the pain in the arse of removing the factory rear sight, but also when ordering any XD or XDm rear sight will fit the XDs, as the dovetails are exactly the same. When searching for an XDs, there is nothing. However, a search for XD rear sight comes up with a few. He sggested the one by Dawson, as he has installed several on customers guns, as well as his own.

I am getting ready to order one for mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top