Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 8:00:48 AM EDT
After getting all the gunk out of a friend's XD45's striker channel so it would fire, I ran a couple boxes of ball through it.  

Probably half a doxen FTFs where the round would nosedive back into the magazine rather than feed normally.  

I've not seen this failure mode before.  Any ideas on what causes it and how to fix the problem?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it sensitive to what magazine you're using? Only have one or two? If so, it could be the magazine springs If memory serves me, when I got my XD45, there was some talk about the magazine springs being weak. I think I replaced all mine with aftermarket springs that were a tiny bit stronger. I've not had feeding problems except with a couple varieties of HP ammo early on (before I replaced the springs, I think). It feeds ball and HST fine now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going with a mag issue.  Prolly a worn spring, and it is a good thing to pull the basepad off and clean it out every 500 rds.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
+1
Although, how many rounds on the recoil spring?
Replacing both couldn't hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top