Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 10:03:58 AM EDT
Are the XD or XDm barrel capable of safely firing lead bullets??? Been years since I have had one, and I can't remember if XD series have hexagonal or polygonal rifling.
I have some Glocks and had some HKs that you weren't supposed to fire lead thru them. Even had a friend who fired lead thru his HK USP45, resulting in KABOOM...I must need a quick answer to my quandary. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot the lead!  They have traditional rifling.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, shoot lead.  Your friend might have had more powder in the case than he thought he did.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I thought so but wasn't 100% sure. I plan to pick up one in a trade.
I have about 400 rounds of RNL  reloads, that I won't feed to my Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
My XD45 hasn't seen anything but lead for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
My son's 5.25 is going on 20k rounds of my lead cast reloads... fire away :D  I did notice, when new, that the barrel was a little rough so it tended to lead up a little.  I had him fire about 500 rounds of jacketed, which smoothed it out and it stopped.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I thought so but wasn't 100% sure. I plan to pick up one in a trade.
I have about 400 rounds of RNL  reloads, that I won't feed to my Glocks.
View Quote

Wacky idea here, but why don't you just get a standard rifled barrel for it. Lone Wolf and Storm Lake make them and would be a lot cheaper than if you bought a new gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top