Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2014 2:58:51 PM EDT
I just got my conceal carry license and wondering if anyone has suggestions for a holster?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I am sure you will get many suggestions.  I personally use holsters made by Raven Concealment.  I have one for my full size and commander size 1911 and Glock handguns.  I have tried other styles/makers and always come back to Raven.  

I like how I can change from OWB to IWB with just swapping the belt loop attachments.  

Congrats on getting your Concealed License!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Milt Sparks VM-II
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Milt Sparks VM-II
View Quote
Did you buy a holster yet? I agree with the above if not. I use a Milt Sparks VM-II for my lightweight champion operator.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I just currently use a Multi Holster Hybrid that I recieved about a week ago for my Springfield MC Op with Surefire and it seems pretty well made, but I haven't had it long enough to know.  I also was using a Cross Breed Super Tuck Delux for the past 2-3 years for my other non railed 1911's, both subcompact and full sized 1911's.  I was also using a FoxX Holsters for about 2-4 months while I was waiting for my Cross Breed.  I was initially using it to carry an ATI double stacked compact ALL STEEL 1911.  If you couldn't tell I really like the leather kydex hybrid style holsters.  I also have tried on one of my friends Com-Tac Infidel holster as well which was very comfy as it could move around on a "pivot" while moving around and sitting but it sat a little high on my hip for my liking.  

On an additional note all of this time I have been using a Cross Breed belt and it has held out for the whole time with no problems as well as a Cross Breed single magazine holster.  I may start shopping around for a double magazine holster in the future though.

In my opinion the belt is as important if not more so than the holster.  Also I would also highly recommend you to get a spare magazine holster.  Reason being in most cases it is far easier to drop your magazine and reload a fresh one than try to figure out a jam in a high stress situation or for when the situation is over to wait for the authorities.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
H
Quoted:
I just currently use a Multi Holster Hybrid that I recieved about a week ago for my Springfield MC Op with Surefire and it seems pretty well made, but I haven't had it long enough to know.  I also was using a Cross Breed Super Tuck Delux for the past 2-3 years for my other non railed 1911's, both subcompact and full sized 1911's.  I was also using a FoxX Holsters for about 2-4 months while I was waiting for my Cross Breed.  I was initially using it to carry an ATI double stacked compact ALL STEEL 1911.  If you couldn't tell I really like the leather kydex hybrid style holsters.  I also have tried on one of my friends Com-Tac Infidel holster as well which was very comfy as it could move around on a "pivot" while moving around and sitting but it sat a little high on my hip for my liking.  

On an additional note all of this time I have been using a Cross Breed belt and it has held out for the whole time with no problems as well as a Cross Breed single magazine holster.  I may start shopping around for a double magazine holster in the future though.

In my opinion the belt is as important if not more so than the holster.  Also I would also highly recommend you to get a spare magazine holster.  Reason being in most cases it is far easier to drop your magazine and reload a fresh one than try to figure out a jam in a high stress situation or for when the situation is over to wait for the authorities.
View Quote

What about the holsters caused you to switch? What is your favorite? As for malfunctions if TapRackBang doesn't fix it you're gonna need to drop the mag anyways.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
H

What about the holsters caused you to switch? What is your favorite? As for malfunctions if TapRackBang doesn't fix it you're gonna need to drop the mag anyways.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
H
Quoted:

To answer that, the Foxx was bought only as a temporary holster until my "better" one came in(both my Cross Breed and my Multi Holster took around a month to make at the factory and the Foxx was a premade one) however the Foxx was very durable and I still have it just in case or when I want to carry my 3" double stacked ATI 1911.  The CrossBreed was great and I had no problems with it accept that it could not accommodate my Springfield MC Op when the light was mounted(the Cross Breed would fit the gun without the light mounted to the rail however) and I still use that holster when I want to carry my 3" Colt New Agent.  As you could probably guess I use the Multi Holster to carry my MC Op with a Surefire X300 Ultra on it and I have no complaints about the holster either, but have only been using the holster for a limited time now as I just received it.  On a side note I would have ordered another Cross Breed holster for my Springfield but they do not make a holster for a gun with a light equipped on the weapon.

I still use my Cross Breed and Multi Holster depending on what I want to carry that day.  The Foxx has not been used much since I took possession of my Cross Breed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top