Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2014 5:34:52 PM EDT
Just bought a new xdm 9mm 4.5 today. I've wanted one for a while but started looking at other guns that I was deciding between. At the shop today after handling everything I decided fugit and bought the xdm. I'm pumped. It'll be a range toy/nightstand gun. I need to find a light for it and some night sights or fiber optics. I would also like to get in to idpa/uspsa with this. I know the 5.25 would probably be better but I just prefer the shorter slides for some reason. Same thing with g17s and g34s. I have 48 hours to wait until I can pick it up and clean it/take it to the range.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the same except in 45. and love it. They fit my hand well and shoot where you point them. Hope you enjoy it. Oh and mine shoots every different type of ammo I put through it well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought an XDM 3.8. I sent in my forms to get the 3 extra mags yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice, full size or compact?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is compact. I'm hoping they send me at least one 19 round mag.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Is SA still doing the promotion for 3 extra mags when you buy an XDM?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats on the purchase.  I have the exact same gun for the exact same purposes, and I can tell you that a TLR-1 fits nicely on mine.  They can be had as cheap as 80 bucks if you wait for a sale, I think I got mine from primary arms.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice choice OP.

I just bought an XDm 5.25 9mm bitone for a range toy/IDPA gun. Gonna be bringing it to the range tonight to see how it shoots.

Have you shot your 4.5 yet?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats, I believe you will love it.  I have a XDM 3.8 compact and it is awesome, it's my CHL gun with a 13 round mag and HD gun by popping in the 19 rounder.  I am thinking about getting a 5.25 for HD and plinking.  They are dead nuts accurate, if you are capable, you can put bullets into one hole all day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top