Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2014 10:17:50 PM EDT
I posted the following earlier today in the 1911 forum. I've never had a problem with my past Springfield's but my only current "Loaded" model is exhibiting several problems. The post below is my OP in the 1911 forum. So as the title says: Whats the best way to contact Springfield about a warranty claim? They don't appear to have an industry forum on ARFcom. Thanks for you patience and help...

Taking the wife and MIL shooting yesterday and the only handgun I have the wife wants to shoot is my "NM" Springfield Loaded. So it see's about twice the number of rounds the M&P's do. It's 3 years old and thousands of rounds thru it. While drawing down on the target with my right hand trigger finger slightly pressed against the slide release pin hump I noticed it went in all the way flush with the frame. I unloaded and unchambered it to find I could pull the slide release out with the pistol locked into battery. Upon further inspection I could easily see the plunger tube was loose and being held on by the grip and the safety. The pistol shot like normal we just slid our finger down lower and off the slide release "hump" until on target. The pistol shot normally. Later, I disassembled it at home to find the ejector is rattling and I pulled it strait up and out easily with my thumb and forefinger. Then I noticed wear on slight metal deformation on the safety where the plunger pin sits and even slightly less wear on the slide release itself.

As the title says: Should I request a call tag or fix it myself? How would I go about staking the plunger tube and ejector? I could file the slight metal ridge (formed by operating the safety a thousand+ times) for the plunger pin to ride on the safety correctly and simply replace the slide release lever. From what I hear about their CS they will probably see the amount of wear on the slide rails, frame, ejector, slide release lever, safety, etc-etc and go thru the whole pistol. Any suggestions welcomed!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Call.  Don't e-mail.  If you call you'll get a shipping label in e-mail that day.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call.  Don't e-mail.  If you call you'll get a shipping label in e-mail that day.
View Quote

Thanks for that!!! I'll do so Monday.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Just to add to it

I just sent my 1911 to Springfield not to long ago. For whatever reason the shipping label never went to my email until several days later. Nonetheless Springfield mailed me a shipping label and everything was kosher

They sad wait time was 2-3 weeks, I got my 1911 back within a week and half. This was also having 3 parts replaced. Just make sure when you send it to put a note what the problems are and have them call you before they send it so yourself (or someone over 21) can sign for the package.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just to add to it

I just sent my 1911 to Springfield not to long ago. For whatever reason the shipping label never went to my email until several days later. Nonetheless Springfield mailed me a shipping label and everything was kosher

They sad wait time was 2-3 weeks, I got my 1911 back within a week and half. This was also having 3 parts replaced. Just make sure when you send it to put a note what the problems are and have them call you before they send it so yourself (or someone over 21) can sign for the package.
View Quote

Good advice and will do! I'm sending this out soon and thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top