Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 6:59:52 PM EDT
Today I approved the purchase of the XD-S 4.0.  45 ACP

I told myself that the LGS would soon ban me because I have developed a bad habit of going there to fondle the XD-S 3.3. I wanted the 4.0 and Grab a gun had a price I could live with, also my FFL is only $10 for repeat customers.

Until it arrives..

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I was shooting one over the weekend, I am  seriously considering as my primary CCW weapon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I should get the chance to shoot one next week.  I am quite interested.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one a few weeks ago. 7.7lb trigger pull I will fix that. Other than that I like the gun. it will make a good ccw.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one a few weeks ago. 7.7lb trigger pull I will fix that. Other than that I like the gun. it will make a good ccw.
View Quote

Care to share your plans for the trigger.... PRP spring kit?

Just picked my XD-S up tonight but I will have to wait until next week to shoot it.  The Talon grips came in yesterday and the N82 holster will be here next week along with the 500 rds of Prvi.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't made up my mind yet. Either the prp kit or maybe send it in to Springfield. I may buy the kit and do an install myself. I'm pretty good at how too videos.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
prp kit made a big difference on my xds. Really smoothed it out. Install is a little tedious but not too bad. If you use how to videos to install the kit, watch the dates of the videos. Post recall grip safety is set up different than pre recall.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
A Friend stopped by to check out the XD-S this morning and his LC9 for comparison.  

A few Potato photos

]

ETA - adjusted lighting in first photo
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#8]
EASY TRIGGER FIX:

-Remove slide
-Push trigger into forward position/push forward on connector.
-This gives you access to tail end of grip safety spring (on far left edge of frame with muzzle away from you, you will now notice the "end" of the spring facing you)
-Push down on it with a small screwdriver or similar. We're trying to bend it here.
-PUT TRIGGER BACK IN REAR POSITION, by pushing forward on connector, then pulling trigger, to avoid rounding the trigger safety.
-Reassemble and test. This might take 3-10 tries depending on how much force you were putting on the spring.

If you make it too light, you will have to disassemble it completely to bend the spring back to shape, which, if you aren't lazy, is also the better way to bend the spring in the first place, but the trial and error will take much longer.

Enjoy your fully functional 5.5 lb trigger (or whatever you want) without sacrificing any safeties (but double check them) or ability to ignite tough primers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EASY TRIGGER FIX:

-Remove slide
-Push trigger into forward position/push forward on connector.
-This gives you access to tail end of grip safety spring (on far left edge of frame with muzzle away from you, you will now notice the "end" of the spring facing you)
-Push down on it with a small screwdriver or similar. We're trying to bend it here.
-PUT TRIGGER BACK IN REAR POSITION, by pushing forward on connector, then pulling trigger, to avoid rounding the trigger safety.
-Reassemble and test. This might take 3-10 tries depending on how much force you were putting on the spring.

If you make it too light, you will have to disassemble it completely to bend the spring back to shape, which, if you aren't lazy, is also the better way to bend the spring in the first place, but the trial and error will take much longer.

Enjoy your fully functional 5.5 lb trigger (or whatever you want) without sacrificing any safeties (but double check them) or ability to ignite tough primers.
View Quote

Installed the PRP spring kit, a little bit frustrating with the sear spring over the pin for me but that is how it goes some days.  Installed new sights because I was shooting low and I picked up a sight pusher from Fisher Solutions to complete the install.  I might get to test it at the range next week.

A N82 holster has proven to be very comfortable around the house and yard but I still use my G19 for EDC until I correct the low POI of the XDs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top