Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2014 9:16:41 PM EDT
I'm having trouble with my XDs 9.

When I have an empty magazine inserted, the slide will lock to the rear and the slide stop will come all the way up.

When I attempt to lock the slide to the rear by hand, the slide stop will not push up far enough to engage the slide. I have tried with and without the grip safety depressed. I have also tried gentle forward and rearward motion of the slide at its most rearward point to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Pullin the slide far enough?

My springs are tight and i have to really push into it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Did it just start doing this or has it ever locked back w/o a mag before?

Assuming by your post count that you know how to work a pistol correctly.  You are pushing it up with your thumb right?  With the empty mag inserted, no need to push it up.  If there is no mag, then you have to push the slide stop up.

Mine is easy, pull slide back, push slide stop slightly up and it locks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did it just start doing this or has it ever locked back w/o a mag before?

Assuming by your post count that you know how to work a pistol correctly.  You are pushing it up with your thumb right?  With the empty mag inserted, no need to push it up.  If there is no mag, then you have to push the slide stop up.

Mine is easy, pull slide back, push slide stop slightly up and it locks.
View Quote

The slide is pulled all the way to the rear and yes I am using my thumb.  I have shot dozens of pistols and have 10's of thousands of rounds through various makes, which leads me to believe something mechanical is the issue on this thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you ever figure this out? I just got Xds 9mm last night and it is doring the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend was trying mine out and had this issue. What was happening is a lot of the pressure from his thumb was going into the fence under the slide stop. Make sure when you push up you are bearing on the slide stop itself and not on the fence around it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top