Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 2:58:45 AM EDT
I get to deal with this BS. I did not know about this problem until now.

While out shooting, I was testing some new reloads, and field stripped my XD to check the barrel for lead. When I went to put it back together the slide stuck all the way back. Immediately after it happened, I attempted the brute force, ignorant, method of getting the slide to go forward. I succeeded in getting the slide most of the way forward. I also succeeded in bending the Striker Pin Indicator. At that point I stopped. I am now home and did some research, and tried the methods suggested. Using a crescent wreck and a hammer seemed to be the most popular. Well, my crescent wreck barely had room between the slide and end, and I have only managed to mangle the guide rod. I am incredibly frustrate and pissed right now. Looking at it, it also looks like the frame has been bulged out. This gun has been flawless, and in almost new condition up until this point. Now it is fucked. Fuck me.

Any suggestions?

</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />

Edit: I tried to pull on the guide rod to relieve the tension. Apparently I am stronger then the metal?
" />
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow!!! put the tools down and call springfield.  You def don't need to do any more damage to it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow!!! put the tools down and call springfield.  You def don't need to do any more damage to it.
View Quote

Yeah. I did. Out of pure frustration. I sent an email, and they open back up tomorrow. I just hope they don't charge too much to fix it at this point. There goes my new gun savings
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing they will fix it for free.  They have great customer service.  Just put a letter in explaining what happened.  I probably wouldn't mention the reloads.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like you jammed the feed ramp under the locking block. If it were to happen again I would advise taking of the back plate before attempting to remove the slide. It will take some force and you will have to fix the feed ramp, as it will be pretty dinged up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#5]
What model is that?  The guide rod looks odd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top