Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 2:47:20 PM EDT
I am looking at getting a new sight for my xd. I'm looking at hi viz and tru glo. Any one have experience with them to say which one is better quality and sight picture?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the tru glo, the fiber optic front end really draws good light.  Might want to check what color you like best, I'm partial to red, but some guys pick up green faster.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not just get the basic tru glow fiber optics,  get the TFO, that are the fiber optic with tritium inserts as well.  Fiber inserts work great during the day and the tritium illuminates the fibers at night.  Highly recommended
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
for FO sights I've always went to Dawson Precision
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
for FO sights I've always went to Dawson Precision
View Quote

Looked at the Dawson TFO sights online, those look good for the price.

If I were to switch out the stock sights on my XD9 SubCompact, instead of paying a smith, the goal is to line the sights up and get them in between the engraved lines in the sight channels, correct?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Center on slide front and rear.
adjust rear left to right as required for POA = POI
Never did XD sights, sight pusher may be reqd.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Think a brass punch and very small hammer would work as well?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was told no, but tag for interest.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have Tru Glow and like the fiver optic sights.  During day they are great, low light  they are usable.  Night time not really, maybe with a flashlight.  But I had a smith do it cause he had a hydraulic press.  The punch and hammer on xd's isn't a good idea.  Read to much about people marring the slide.  Springfield made very little tolerance which is great for your sights never moving but bad when you want to replace them.  It cost me bout $50 to have a smith do it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would not just get the basic tru glow fiber optics,  get the TFO, that are the fiber optic with tritium inserts as well.  Fiber inserts work great during the day and the tritium illuminates the fibers at night.  Highly recommended
View Quote

THIS!, I have them on both my XDm9 and XD45. The sights are great during the day and awesome at night. They are very bright, I'm running the green front and rear.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Back when I didn't know any better I bought hi vis sights. The front site lasted about 100 rounds before the fiber came loose and fell outta the sight. From my experience I will never buy cheap sites again. The price difference for quality is well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top