Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2014 6:35:44 PM EDT
I am interested in having some work done on my Loaded. Would SACS be able to do all of the following?

•Machine checker front strap, 30LPI

•Undercut front strap, Colt style

•Fit Guncrafter Lanyard Loop mainspring housing (included with pistol) to frame – use existing mainspring, mainspring cap, mainspring cap pin, and mainspring housing pin retainer

•Weld grip safety tangs and fit new Springfield beavertail grip safety to frame

•Check dust cover rubbing slide - picture included

•Parkerize complete pistol
Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, if you ever have an issue with the gun that requires its replacement, SA will count any custom shop work toward its trade-in value.

Trust me, I know.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am interested in having some work done on my Loaded. Would SACS be able to do all of the following?

•Machine checker front strap, 30LPI Yes, but SA charges more for a "high" cut checkering

•Undercut front strap, Colt style Yes

•Fit Guncrafter Lanyard Loop mainspring housing (included with pistol) to frame – use existing mainspring, mainspring cap, mainspring cap pin, and mainspring housing pin retainer Not sure, but I don't believe they can use the ILS internals (if you still have ILS) in a non ILS msh

•Weld grip safety tangs and fit new Springfield beavertail grip safety to frame Not Sure, at one time I heard no, but on other occasions I have heard yes

•Check dust cover rubbing slide - picture included Probably, may even be considered a warranty issue, or they may deem it cosmetic only

•Parkerize complete pistol Yes
Thanks.

View Quote

One suggestion, I don't know how your parkd loaded is, but mine was still fairly sharp around the edges, not as much as my stainless, but I would suggest the Std Carry bevel. It is very reasonable, and you are already refinishing the pistol.

They did great work on my Stainless loaded a few years ago, and I know Amanda is tired of the emails I have sent her asking for opinions or ideas, I have about $900 worth of work I want done to my RO, but just can't pull the CC out of my wallet yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top