Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2014 12:40:23 PM EDT
I've got my paperwork in for  my NYS pistol permit. Now the fun of waiting and research on what to get. I'm thinking about the SA XD 45 compact. I like that it comes with two 10 round mags and I can get 13 round mags when I leave NY. Anybody have experience with them? Pros? Cons? How's the grip feel?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. Great shooter. The grips feel good to me, but that's probably just personal preference. Mine came with 10 round mags that are short and 13 rounders with a little grip extension. Nice option. Maybe you can get the extended mags blocked off for 10 rounds in NY? Not sure. They make nice range mags as they give you a full-sized grip to hang onto.

I tried carrying it for a while, but it's just too dang heavy for me. :)
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a restricted state version that comes with a short 10 round and longer 10 round magazine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a restricted state version that comes with a short 10 round and longer 10 round magazine.
View Quote

Good to know. It's nice to have the longer mag for the range. I think I have 2 of those and 4 of the shorter ones. Honestly, my fingers are thin so I can get all three around the grip without the extended mag, but it's still nice to have.

It's a really nice, fun gun to shoot. I love the feel of the .45 recoil. It's just so expensive these days. :/
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The grip is just long enough to not need a pinky extension with the 10 round magazine (I've got smallish hands).  With the XD factory extension, the grip is very, very long.  Otherwise, it's a fun gun to shoot, ergos are nice on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I love mine.  Shot it for the first time in a while a couple weekends ago and it was awesome.  Very accurate if you do your job and I like the shorter grip for carrying it.  It goes great with my XD9sc, too!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like that'll be the one. I'll still have to fondle one before I make a final decision just to make sure it fits my hand, I'm a big guy big hands, so let's see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I've owned my XD45c since 2011 it's still going strong with over 6K rds through it. It's a stock gun and functions great with everything except SWC's and I carry mine quite often in Crossbreed Super Tuck.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I was looking at these earlier this year. It is a well reviewed pistol. I'm considering getting the full size model with the thumb safety, and having the grip cut down to compact size.
Here's the thread:
XD45C

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the compact-tactical model XD (short grip with the 5 in barrel).

I added the pearce grip extensions to the 10 round mags. (be careful if you do this
because they will eventually bulge out a bit and make the mag catch at the bottom of
the grip, just dremel off the bulge)

Solid shooter but it liked to eject shells into my forehead until I changed out the factory
ejector for the stainless Powder River Precision one.

Also added the PRP drop in trigger kit.

Its now my favorite range gun, while the XDs is my favorite carry gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top