Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2014 11:14:49 PM EDT
Ordered the match trigger kits on Sunday night for my XD45 and XDm9. They shipped on Monday afternoon and got here on Wednesday. I put one of the triggers in today for the Xdm9. What an amazing difference! I am going to change the XD45's tomorrow. Can't wait to see the difference at the next three gun match.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just put one of these kits in my XDm 45. Feels real good and the reset is very short now. Not hard to do at all other than all the filing to the over travel stop.

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the one below yours(no filing necessary)and was thinking about another one instead of a new gun.
Just exactly how much was all that filing?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the one below yours(no filing necessary)and was thinking about another one instead of a new gun.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I did not take any measurements of it before I started but I had to file a bunch off.

I would buy another one and do it all over again, very worth it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote

It didn't take much to sand down, didn't take any measurements so can't speak to that. I would recommend this kit in a heartbeat. Night and day difference for the better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
What did you use to file it?

I'm worried about filing stuff on my XDm9, it was my first pistol, I love it very much, that's why I've been eyeing the drop in kit.

Plus I worry about trigger pull #'s because it's my primary home defense gun. Isn't there an issue with trigger pull and the law? Might have been BS, just really itching to get one of these kits, only reason I didn't get it yet is not sure which one?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What did you use to file it?

I'm worried about filing stuff on my XDm9, it was my first pistol, I love it very much, that's why I've been eyeing the drop in kit.

Plus I worry about trigger pull #'s because it's my primary home defense gun. Isn't there an issue with trigger pull and the law? Might have been BS, just really itching to get one of these kits, only reason I didn't get it yet is not sure which one?
View Quote

Just sandpaper. If you go to the PRP site they have videos of how to install the kit including the sanding. Not as scary as it sounds.

Haven't heard of any requirements for trigger pull regarding the law but then some states might have something so you should be able to verify that quickly online.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote

Which kit did you get that doesn't require filing?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I did my XDm 3.8 9mm yesterday with the ultimate match.  Sweet!  I had to take a LOT of material off the overtravel stop though before it would fire.  The absolute best way to do this part of it is to (borrow) your significant other's emery board and cover one side of it with electric tape.  That allows you to just slide it behind the trigger and file it off without removing the trigger time after time.  The pull is still slightly longer than I wish it was but this thing breaks very clean and crisp with almost no reset travel and can not be more than 3.5#.
Well worth it and easy to do yourself.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I did my XDm 3.8 9mm yesterday with the ultimate match.  Sweet!  I had to take a LOT of material off the overtravel stop though before it would fire.  The absolute best way to do this part of it is to (borrow) your significant other's emery board and cover one side of it with electric tape.  That allows you to just slide it behind the trigger and file it off without removing the trigger time after time.  The pull is still slightly longer than I wish it was but this thing breaks very clean and crisp with almost no reset travel and can not be more than 3.5#.
View Quote

I used a somewhat same method. I left the trigger in and depressed it while keeping the trigger pulled with the sandpaper behind the trigger pulling it back and forth.

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I used a somewhat same method. I left the trigger in and depressed it while keeping the trigger pulled with the sandpaper behind the trigger pulling it back and forth.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used the file from a Leatherman Wave tool. Put tape on the course side and used the fine side with the trigger in the gun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I installed the drop-in prp trigger in my xdm40. Very pleased with the improvement.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 3:29:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Can't say I had the same result, the PRP kicks ass in my XDm's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top