Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2014 12:25:44 PM EDT
Any regrets?  Luckily they run a really nice LE/Mil program and I am qualified for it.  I am considering getting myself on the waiting list and beginning the year long wait for it.

Any feedback from owners here?  Other options I should be looking at?  Also, if you ORDERED yours, were they flexible with sights?  This would be used as a duty firearm at some point, and I currently use trijicon HD sights on my other platforms, and don't want to re-learn a sight system.

Any downsides to this route?  I've heard nothing but great things, but never directly from those that shoot them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't own one, but you should definitely do it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Great gun, you won't regret it. I might be wrong, but I believe they build them as is, and you can't order with different specs.

Only downside we've had with ours is you have to keep them clean to keep them running properly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
You're out of luck on requesting changes unless they do it differently than a few years ago. But.....im pretty sure the sight you want to use is too low for use on any springer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I will own one in 22 months when mine comes in I really can't wait. They are in my opinion one of the nicest 1911 that can be bought from most manufactures.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They won't change anything on a Pro.  

Order a Custom Carry with what you want on it.  

Same build quality, no Professional rollmark.   The Pro is a Custom Carry built to FBI specs.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Had one, nice gun.  However, screw a year wait.  Too many other 1911's you can get sooner.  Wilson cqb is just as good, tons on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I love mine and would absolutely recommend it to anyone who wants a great 1911.

I like how they're spec'd from the factory, but if you want something different your options are the CC, as samuse suggested, or make the change aftermarket.

I also happen to like the story behind them, call it what you will but it adds something on top of already being a great 1911.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#8]
It does not look like what it cost.

It's damn accurate, tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top