Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2017 8:54:02 AM EDT
About a year ago my grandmother's house flooded and she decided to give my deceased grandfather's guns to her children and then to my brothers and myself. The pistol I got is a Charco .38 SPL Off Duty. I know this generation is regarded as lesser in quality, however, I want to keep it as a back up to my XDM. I can't find much information about running +P loads in it so I've come to ask people with revolver experience-of which I have little of. I only intend to keep this gun as a back up temporarily.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#1]
As with most you should be safe for limited use of +P.  I would just shoot standard loads out of it.

CD
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It will shoot loose pretty quick with +P loads.

Get some Winchester or MagTech LSWC-HP loads ('FBI" load) and carry contented.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top