Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2017 9:18:55 PM EDT
I was hoping it would somehow magically fix my timing issue.  I don't think it did.  But it was fun.  Plus instead of sending it off somewhere I think if I got a good hand to put in there, or a longer one, I could do that all again and maybe fix it.  I've been too cheap to send it someone......

Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got more guts than me! I've only taken the plate off and cleaned/oiled mine. I took the plate off of my 649-1and for some reason it wouldn't fire. I fiddled with it for awhile and nothing. I finally got my 60-7 and compared the insides and STILL nothing! I started messing with the hand while pulling the trigger and that somehow got everything back into the correct timing. Whew!
If I were you I'd just buy another hand and bolt. You might need to do some fitting though. Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think.  We shot it some yesterday and my groups are like twice the size or more of what I can do with my 442.  And the primer strikes are more consistently off centered and maybe a bit more drastically.  That being said, my other 2 revolvers (Smiths) don't hit the primer exactly in the middle every time either and they seem to be working fine.  

The Colt trigger stacks.  It's like 4-5 pounds lighter than my 442, but the stacking might be affecting my accuracy.  Either that or it truly is out of time and it's affecting accuracy.  All I know is it's been very frustrating.   It could be a really good carry gun.   And you get that extra round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top