Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2017 7:13:19 PM EDT
Anyone grind down an ejector shroud on a M206? I hate the look of ejector shrouds.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one. I just looked briefly at pictures online, it doesn't appear as though there is a locking bolt on the barrel, and the cylinder only locks into the frame via the bolt.

If that's the case, you could likely grind the shroud away with ill-effect, especially since the revolver doesn't have another form of lock-up. That being said, if I was doing the work, I personally would add a ball bearing lock to the crane, just for a bit of reassurance, although it likely isn't needed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Lock up on the M206 does not involve the ejector.  You could cut the shroud away and it wouldn't have any effect on the guns function.  Hell, if you do an ugly job of it, you ruined the appearance of a rough finished $200 gun.  I'd like to see pics of the job after.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top